INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVDB no results  (Read 2080 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
TVDB no results
« on: September 17, 2016, 06:37:12 pm »

Hi,

Is anyone else having any problems with TVDB. It is not returning any info on some of my series? It is not even listed (only Wikipedia is listed). It has been like this for the past two days.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: TVDB no results
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »

After some trial and error I can answer my own question. I was not getting through because I am using a VPN tunnel to access the Internet. When I disabled it in the modem, all of a sudden TVDB info was becoming available again. Does anyone know why this only happens with TVDB?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »

Does anyone know why this only happens with TVDB?

That really depends on your VPN end point. For example, if it was a VPN to your place of work, then your employer may block certain network traffic, perhaps to specific locations, URLs, packet types, etc.

If it is a commercial VPN used for getting around Geo Blocking or just hiding who you are, maybe the end point you have chosen is blocked by TVDB. You would have to ask them, or find the information on their site. For example, they may block traffic from Russia, or other geographic locations. Sometimes certain VPN end points or their IP Address ranges get blocked because of malicious traffic. Or maybe they just block traffic if they detect a VPN in use, although I would doubt that.

If you can, try using the VPN with a different end point and see if TVDB works then.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 12:29:43 am »

Thanks, that is helpful. I am using a commercial provider currently rerouting through a server in the Netherlands, but I'll try a different country to see if that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up