INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pushing SACD ISO to OPPO 103 via DLNA as DSD  (Read 3178 times)

pcg

• Recent member
Pushing SACD ISO to OPPO 103 via DLNA as DSD
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:33:45 pm »

First of all, I’m not sure which forum to post this in but I’ve posted it here even though I’m on MC20.  Note if the problem described below can be fixed by upgrading to MC21 I’ll do it.

I recently burned over 140 SACD ICO’s and have another 80 left to burn.  I’ve imported these into JRiver and it shows the individual tracks within the ISO’s.  I am able to play them to an OPPO DAC attached via USB to my computer.  I want to push those tracks as DSD through DLNA to an OPPO 103 so I can pass them to my home audio system.

I can push FLAC without problems to the OPPO.
I can push DSF files that I purchased to the OPPO.  They come through as DSD files to the OPPO 103 and then my Denon X7200WA.
When I attempt to push the virtual files attached to the SACD ISO’s to the OPPO I can’t get it to work.

I tried Checking “Bitstream DSD (requires DoPE compliant renderer) in the Advanced section under DLNA Servers and the files displayed on the player but I heard nothing.  I found in another thread the OPPO wasn’t DoPE and there were numerous other posts in that thread I didn’t completely follow, but I got the impression a change was made for this to work.

I am hoping this is just a matter of changing some settings, as I don’t want to create DSF files for the 200+ ISO’s I will eventually have.  Note that I have 2 channel and multi channel DSD recordings.

Can someone help me specify the proper settings, as it appears some people have this working?

I’m on a Windows 10 computer using Media Center 20.0.131 and my current settings are as follows:

For Media Network – Options, I have Audio Conversion>Conversion: Don’t convert audio and >Encoder: PCM 24 bit

Under Advanced in DLNA Servers I only have the following set.

Audio > Mode: Original, Format: PCM 24 bit

Advanced > DLNA, DLNAExtra, Enable bitrate field and Filter international characters are the only things checked

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Pushing SACD ISO to OPPO 103 via DLNA as DSD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »

won't work as :
1. DLNA which comes into play when you push doesn't support iso
2. the oppo would not "mount" and of course playback SACD iso's even if they would arrive "per push" as iso.
In JRiver you see the tracks because it "mounts the iso". Use SACD extract (a little tool easy to find on the web) and just extract your SACD iso's to dsf. Re-import them into JRiver (all these dsf and not consolidated iso), tag them if necessary as batches (very quick) in jriver.
You can then push these to the oppo like the purchased ones....
Pages: [1]   Go Up