INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot convert midi file  (Read 1800 times)

CalJake

• Recent member
Cannot convert midi file
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:47:29 pm »

I have a midi file I created in an app on my Android phone.  I can play the file and it sounds fine in MediaCenter 22 (PC), as well as with Windows Media Player 12.  When I try to convert it with MediaCenter to mp3 or anything else, all I get is a 'failed.'  Cannot I directly convert from a mid file to mp3 with MediaCenter.  And perhaps tellingly, the mid file does not play correctly in Audacity.  Any suggestions?  I'd really like to be able to do this.  It's only 1 kb in size, but it looks like I can't attach mid files here.

Thanks for any suggestions.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Cannot convert midi file
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »

Can't you use MC's disk writer option. This plays the file but rather than output it to speakers it writes it to a file.

John

CalJake

• Recent member
Re: Cannot convert midi file
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »

Can't you use MC's disk writer option. This plays the file but rather than output it to speakers it writes it to a file.

John

Thanks John.  Good suggestion.  I had never even messed around with Disk Writer.  Gave it a shot, but it didn't appear to work for the midi file.  It was played, but no file was generated.  It worked fine for an MP3, but it didn't 'play' it.  It seemed like MC just directly converted it to wav.

Regarding my comment with Audacity not being able to play the file - that's true.  Best I can tell, Audacity cannot play midi files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up