INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Auto) Copy and Synchronize changes on NAS  (Read 2769 times)

minekey

• Recent member
(Auto) Copy and Synchronize changes on NAS
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:23:58 am »

Hi,

Currently I have a local library with all my songs and a save of all these songs on a NAS. I would like to synchronize my local library with my NAS in order that every time I change a tag or add music on my local library theses changes will be replicate on the NAS. If the synchronization can be automatic it will be perfect but even if I have to do it manually time to time it's good.

I know the move, copy tool but I'm not sur how to use it in my case, because I want that JRiver point always on my local library for every day use. I try also Sync Library but it seems to be for synchronize library on two different computer using JRiver, no?

Thx.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: (Auto) Copy and Synchronize changes on NAS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:00:30 pm »

I can think of at least two ways to do this:

1. Use a file syncing tool like free file sync.  Run it every week or whenever you want to copy all of your new files over.  It's an incremental file sync tool, so it will only copy what is new and not re-copy the old stuff over and over again.

http://www.freefilesync.org/

2.  Use MC's built in Handheld Sync tool.  Define a fake "handheld" device, which is a directory on your NAS.  Then run the Handheld Sync from time to time.  This is also an incremental tool, so it should work pretty well.  Note that this really isn't designed for this purpose; it's more for making copies of your music for ipods, thumb drives, and that kind of thing.  But it should still work.  See the wiki for details.

Brian.

minekey

• Recent member
Re: (Auto) Copy and Synchronize changes on NAS
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:28:20 am »

Re,

FreeFileSync works perfectly. I doubted at first that the soft will detect even minor change like the rating of a song but it does. I'll give a try to handheld too but I'm satisfied.

Thank you Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up