INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI no longer working in Windows 10  (Read 3768 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
WASAPI no longer working in Windows 10
« on: September 20, 2016, 04:05:05 pm »

Hi all

One day all was well; the next day MC refuses to play back anything in Wasapi (exclusive or not) for HDMI and SPDIF. Direct sound still works. I tried installing Intel HD graphics, Realtek audio drivers and MS HDAudio driver too. Nothing works; very strange. I tried uninstalling MC 21 and reinstalling, including removing all the library files and registry entries.

I was looking at reinstalling Win 10, even though it was all working for a while before the overnight problem developed. The boot SSD then died, so I cannot do any testing for now. Just wondering if anyone has any potential leads to what might have caused this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WASAPI no longer working in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:03:11 pm »

Does some other program (even a different version of MC) have Exclusive mode set?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »

They do have Tidal installed, but I tried testing the system with Tidal not running; I didn't try to uninstall Tidal though. And now it seems to be too late to try that until the SSD is replaced.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:47:49 pm »

WOW, that is really weird. I had the exact opposite experience around the same time as your post... Direct Sound stopped respecting the stereo pair that I wanted to output to, and WASAPI, with a lot of tweaking in Output Format and Parametric EQ, was a successful workaround. Good luck with your SSD and resolving the WASAPI problem!
Pages: [1]   Go Up