INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BKM for sync'd Playlists across machines  (Read 1655 times)

Drwho088

BKM for sync'd Playlists across machines
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:11:08 pm »

Hello,

Looking for some suggestions on how to "upgrade" my system setup across machines.

I currently have MC21 on my main Windows PC, with a local library and all audio files on a NAS.

What I would like to do is have add MC to my MAC, and have a mirrored library with the main PC so that I can create/edit Playlists on the MAC which would then "automagically" appear on the PC too (and vice-versa). :)

I gather from other posts that I will want local libraries on each PC/MAC for performance (rather than a common shared library file on the NAS).  It also seems there would be several ways to accomplish what I want, e.g. a server/client setup or manual import/export of playlists between machines.  But I suspect some ways are easier than others -- so I'm looking for suggestions on best known methods before I embark on rediscovery through the trial/error method.

thanks!

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: BKM for sync'd Playlists across machines
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:50:09 am »

Depends if your windows PC can be on all the time, then your mac (as client) can use the pc library (with media network enabled), and any playlists you create on either mac or pc exist in the same library.
regards Robert
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Drwho088

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:14 am »

Would rather not need to keep the PC on all the time, but I could wake it if necessary when I wanted to use the MAC for stuff.  I expect the MAC usage to be relatively infrequent.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:47:21 pm »

If your mac use is occasional then that's probably the simplest solution for you; switch on the pc, launch mc and run mc on your mac connected to the library on your pc. If you rip on your mac and have the files save on the nas, then mc running on the pc will auto detect the new files and add them to the library. Quick "sync library" on mc on your mac and they will appear.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up