INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Thumbnails Sporadically Small  (Read 2824 times)

squeedle

• World Citizen
Movie Thumbnails Sporadically Small
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:20:30 pm »

In Standard View, I've noticed ever since upgrading to MC22 that some movie thumbnails sporadically change to a smaller size. Then they change back to normal later.

See "Noises Off!" and "Central Station" in attached screenshot for example.

I'm not sure what causes this or how to fix it.

Rebuilding Thumbnails doesn't seem to cure it.

Any tips?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie Thumbnails Sporadically Small
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 08:35:16 pm »

I've seen something just like this on my system.  It happened with MC21 also.  In my case, it's a consequence of the aspect ratio (dimensions) of the cover art.  The files that look shrunk have different vertical to horizontal ratios than the rest of the files in your collection.  Just the cover art; not the movies themselves.

To test to see if it's just like mine, grab the slider that controls cover art size (upper right) and tweak it up and down a bit.  You'll see them all change and you can find a happy place where all the covers appear to be almost identical in size.

Brian.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:43:42 pm »

I don't think it's that just because it fixes itself automatically. For instance, before I had even finished typing my post above, it had already fixed itself. It just seems to happen once in a while to certain files and then goes back to normal.

Seems a bit different than what you're describing, no?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:46:54 pm »

I'm not sure.  Move the size slider side to side to change the sizes of the covers.  If you see some covers growing and shrinking faster than others, you have the same issue as mine.  If not, it's probably something else.

Brian.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 08:50:20 pm »

This does seem to be limited to images that are not at a ratio of 1:1.5 exactly. It would be great if MC could display these files consistently, either zooming or stretching them rather than sporadically resizing them.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:56:32 am »

Have you tried my suggestion?  Move the slider a little bit to make them slightly bigger or smaller.  You're probably right on the edge of where MC changes size for the different files.  Moving the slider a little should make them consistent I would think.  Mine do not change size on their own at all.  But they do display differently depending on the position of the slider.  This is why I've suggested several times that you try moving the slider a little.

Brian.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 07:02:39 pm »

Apologies, I thought you were saying I should try moving the slider just to fix the issue when it happens (which it does), but not that doing so would prevent it form ever happening again.

I have definitely adjusted the slider in the past. I guess I can try adjusting it again. But as this issue is so sporadic, it seems like it'll be hard to tell when I find the magic spot where it's permanently fixed. Hopefully the MC developers can work on a fix as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up