INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Refresh Rates, stuttering, etc  (Read 1542 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Video Refresh Rates, stuttering, etc
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:58 am »

Hi,

I watch a lot of video using MC22 for Mac.  I've noticed for some time that the playback isn't super smooth.  I see tiny jerks and stops.  Shutters.  I've demoed a couple of other players, XMBC, and Plex, and XBMC in particular seems much more smooth and fluid without any stutters.

Don't get me wrong:  I'm not bringing up other players to point fingers, or be demanding or anything.  I'm just illustrating that another player looks different in a positive way.

What I see doesn't seem to be like the old "judder" we would see with bad 3:2 pull down.  It's more like very quick pauses.  Very, very quick.  You probably know what I'm describing.

I've just done a few experiments with Video Clock on and off and "Display settings automatic change mode" on and off.  Automatic change mode seems to make things worse, but I didn't do rigorous long experiments, so I could be wrong.

Any ideas on why I'm seeing this?  If it's configuration, I'm very happy to change it.  If it's a features (or lack thereof), I'd definitely like to know.

For the record, my display is the built in LCD, which probably runs at 60 Hz; I'm not sure how to be sure about that, and all of my research indicates that these displays have a fixed refresh rate.

Thanks for reading.

Brian.

Teerhand

• Recent member
Re: Video Refresh Rates, stuttering, etc
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »

i´ve got the same issues

BigHiker

• Recent member
Re: Video Refresh Rates, stuttering, etc
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 02:28:33 pm »

Hi Brian,

I think I experience kind of the same issues like you, please see my post on this also.
Did not find a solution yet...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108534.0.html

Kind regards,
Gerard
Pages: [1]   Go Up