INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My device is not visible on Mac.  (Read 2124 times)

Fezz76

My device is not visible on Mac.
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:57:48 pm »

Hi All,
I have an AK380 handheld media player. I use Mac.
I have installed Android File Transfer and it detects device, however, the AK does not appear as an external device on the Mac.
I have started using JRiver as others recommenation to be able to manage playlists etc. I am also using a program called Playlist Export to Export iTunes Playlists to JRiver.
The problem comes when I want to Sync my device on JRiver. I cant detect or manually add the AK as my Mac does not detect it. Any ideas on how I can get my Mac to detect it so I can Sync my playlists etc.?
Thanks,

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: My device is not visible on Mac.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »

For many Android devices, trying to get MC to see them as a "device" is difficult or impossible.  Instead, I usually set up a folder on my hard drive to act as my handheld sync target.  Then I make my sync definition, using that folder as the location, and select all of my options.

When I sync, my files are copied to that folder with no problems, since that folder is always available.  Then, when I want to sync to the Android, I connect it, and use Android File Transfer to copy that folder to the Android.

It's a two step process, but it's very straight forward and reliable.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up