INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing library filepath using JRemote or Gizmo  (Read 2048 times)

gakaudio

• Recent member
Accessing library filepath using JRemote or Gizmo
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:25:39 pm »

Hello all,

I have several questions so please bare with me.
Can I access the individual folders and files in my music library using JRemote or Gizmo? I ask because I navigate my music in JRiver Media Center 17 by going to the left column where Playing Now, Audio, etc are listed. I click on Audio and navigate to path: Audio/Files/C/Users.../Music/Lossless. This may seem like a very clunky way of doing this, and it is, but otherwise if I just click on artists for example, then I have to find my way around all of my wifes lossy iTunes music and as a result have many duplicate songs that I would rather avoid. I find that with using Gizmo on my phone, I can't use my way of navigating my files so I just use it to start, stop and fast forward my music selections. From screen shots of JRemote, it appears that while the interface may be better, the file architecture is the same and that I will not be able to navigate and move through my music library the way I would like. Am I correct in this assessment?

The HTPC that I use to play my music is running Windows 8 Pro 32 bit. I want to use my laptop that is running window 10 (home edition 64 bit) to control my HTPC and use the laptop as a remote control. Is this a possibility? The two computers are on the same home network.

Thanks, Garth

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Accessing library filepath using JRemote or Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:44 pm »

I click on Audio and navigate to path: Audio/Files/C/Users.../Music/Lossless. This may seem like a very clunky way of doing this, and it is, but otherwise if I just click on artists for example, then I have to find my way around all of my wifes lossy iTunes music and as a result have many duplicate songs that I would rather avoid.

With some tagging of your files, you can create views that let you find what you want.  For example, if your wife's lossy files are easy to locate on disk, then you can mark them with a keyword.  Then you can make your views exclude the files with that keyword.  Conversely, you can make a view for her that shows only her files.  Just include all files with that keyword.  Easy.  :)

However, if you really like your disk based navigation, you can set it up in Gizmo/JRemote/EOS .  First, set up a categories view with one category:  Location.  This will let you drill through your various drives and directories.  Once you have that working, add this view to the JRemote/Gizmo exported views:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > customize views for JRemote

Add it under the audio tree.  When you click the add button, you can add your view from Library Items from standard view.

One you've added the view, you'll need to restart MC and Gizmo/JRemote to see your new view.  In Gizmo/JRemote, you should see the new view and be able to drill down from directory to directory.

The HTPC that I use to play my music is running Windows 8 Pro 32 bit. I want to use my laptop that is running window 10 (home edition 64 bit) to control my HTPC and use the laptop as a remote control. Is this a possibility?

I haven't done this myself, but MC supports something called TRemote.  This lets you use MC on one computer to control MC on another computer.  See the Wiki entry for more details:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote

Brian.

gakaudio

• Recent member
Re: Accessing library filepath using JRemote or Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 12:30:17 am »

Thank you Brian, very helpful. I will try to take a stab at these strategies over the weekend.

Cheers, Garth
Pages: [1]   Go Up