INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Library Syncing Scenario?  (Read 2219 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Possible Library Syncing Scenario?
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:26 am »

I know since MC22 and MC21 use different libraries.  But when MC22 is made available for QNAP, I'm wondering if I could possible create a syncing scenario where I manage files that are located on the NAS on separate MC apps?  Specifically sync the MC library files from my Mac where I'd edit or add tags to the to MC on the QNAP NAS so that when I connect to the MC on the QNAP via JRemote, it'll have the tags that were added with MC on my Mac?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible Library Syncing Scenario?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:37:46 am »

Just run a library server on the QNAP.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:25 pm »

That would work if both were the same version.  Additionally, there are certain things that I cannot do when doing a library sync like embedding album art and changing file location of files.  Essentially what I'm planning on doing is recycling my old SSD drives from my now obsolete laptop to use as a portable drive that I hook up to my MacBook laptop where I'll do the tagging and then when I get home, I'll dock the drive to an adapter that I have hooked up to my Mac Mini that then will trigger BitTorrent Sync, now Resilio Sync, to sync the updated files from the SSD drive to my NAS. 

It's a convoluted solution, but I'm rarely home and like to spend the downtime that I have when I'm out organizing and managing my files, but to have that process be efficient and comprehensive as possible.  At this point I'm really liking the speed and use of MC on the Mac, but being able to have my MC server reflect my personal library structure has been a challenge. 

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:39:51 am »

Syncing the library files from the Mac to the QNAP might work in theory however the paths will be different.
Another possible approach would be to update the file tags from the Mac MC and run a "update library from tags" on the QNAP?
Pages: [1]   Go Up