INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRWorker, causing problems.  (Read 2153 times)

Tim-Ann

• Recent member
JRWorker, causing problems.
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:09:23 am »

Hi,  What does JRWorker do I'm using JRiver MC22 on my Mac Mini loaded with a clean install of Sierra I only use MC22 for audio.

When I start MC22 up after a few seconds JRWorker starts up and keeps flashing a second MC icon on the Dock I cannot force quit it have to shut down MC22 for it to close down.

Any ideas as to what is happening and a fix?

Many thanks, Tim.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRWorker, causing problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:39:55 am »

As I understand it, JRWorker is a process that is used during file imports.  I think it reads tags and other data from audio (and/or video) files.

If you haven't been using MC for very long, MC may be importing all of your files using the Auto Import configuration.  Or, if you've added a bunch of files, again, auto import may be processing through all of the new files.

It could also be rebuilding thumbnails, or analyzing audio.  I would advise leaving it alone for a few hours; it should stop once MC is done processing files.

I'm not sure what else might trigger this behavior.

Brian.

Tim-Ann

• Recent member
Re: JRWorker, causing problems.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:56:46 am »

Hi, many thanks blgentry, it as now ceased so I guess it was about importing just had to do a clean install of OS Sierra so guess it was when importing all my music it was busy.

Many thanks, Tim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up