INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Using MicroRendu With JRiver For Audio/Video Playback?  (Read 2477 times)

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
Anyone Using MicroRendu With JRiver For Audio/Video Playback?
« on: September 26, 2016, 07:09:45 pm »

I want to see if it is possible to play video on my PC/JRiver and route the movie audio through the MicroRendu.

Currently I listen to music via PC>RoonReady>MicroRendu>PS Audio DSD DAC. But to watch video on the same system I am using PC/JRiver video playback and send the audio signal to the DSD DAC via Audiobyte Hydra Z USB bridge using I2S input on the DAC. I am using the Hydra Z because DSD DAC only has one USB input which I use the MicroRendu for. My PC is a Paul Pang built server and optimizer for USB playback.

I have got the MicroRendu to play JRiver audio via MPD/DLNA. But when I try to play a video in JRiver via DLNA it plays the movie audio but only shows the video's thumbnail on my screen.

I have tried everything I can think of in JRiver but nothing works. Though I have used JRiver for years I am out of guesses.

I want to know if what I am trying is even possible?

If so, how do I make it work?

It would be nice to not have to have the extra box of the Hydra Z and the extra cables.

elviscaprice

• Recent member
Re: Anyone Using MicroRendu With JRiver For Audio/Video Playback?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:28:00 pm »

I would also love to be able to accomplish this task with JRiver.  Video playback on server, video only via HDMI to monitor and audio data delivered via Ethernet to a renderer for JRiver playback on my stereo sound system.  I guess the problem is that the starting point for streaming is in two different locations?  Reason to do this, better isolated audio stream components for increased sound quality playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up