INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not being saved on Linux ARM  (Read 3082 times)

epsilonjon

• Recent member
Cover art not being saved on Linux ARM
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:48:47 am »

Hi,

I'm trying to use MediaCentre 22 on a Raspberry Pi to save cover art to some albums. No matter what method I try, it refuses to do it. When I try to copy and paste, it says there's not a valid image on the clipboard, even though there is. When I try to add from file or get from internet, MediaCentre reports tags being updated, but the cover art never appears. This is occuring with all the albums I've tried.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Edit: I've just spotted that the image files themselves are being saved to /home/user/.jriver/Media Center 22/Cover Art/Albums. They're just not appearing in MediaCenter  ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not being saved on Linux ARM
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:43:01 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to use MediaCentre 22 on a Raspberry Pi to save cover art to some albums. No matter what method I try, it refuses to do it. When I try to copy and paste, it says there's not a valid image on the clipboard, even though there is. When I try to add from file or get from internet, MediaCentre reports tags being updated, but the cover art never appears. This is occuring with all the albums I've tried.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Edit: I've just spotted that the image files themselves are being saved to /home/user/.jriver/Media Center 22/Cover Art/Albums. They're just not appearing in MediaCenter  ?
Pasting images with copy/paste isn't implemented yet.

Are these jpeg images?

epsilonjon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 02:14:11 pm »

They are jpegs yes.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:05:46 pm »

Just tested with the current build and it works fine for me.

Make sure non of the locations have the wrong owner/permissions (under ~/.jriver).

Check your cover art save location.

Are the files themselves on a read-only share?

epsilonjon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:39:12 am »

I installed the tag editor Puddletag and opened the files in there. The cover art appears with no problem. If I then remove the art and then re-add it (both in Puddletag), then Update Library From Tags in MediaCenter, the cover art appears in MediaCenter. So maybe it's not a problem with saving the cover art, more that it's failing to display it? Either way I don't think it's a permissions issue.

Other weird stuff seems to be happening. For instance, if I remove cover art from an album for which it was displayed correctly, and wait for the tags to update, the cover art disappears. Now if I add a different cover art to the same album, the original cover art returns.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 09:55:44 am »

Your thumbnail cache/database/file might be screwed up.

Have you tried doing Rebuild thumbnail on some of the affected files?  If that works, you might do Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails> build missing thumbnails .

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up