INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 22.0.30 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 12582 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 22.0.30 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:04:19 am »

This is the latest version of MC22 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v22/latest/MediaCenter220030.dmg

22.0.30 (9/26/2016)

1. Fixed: Add plugins was not working from DSP studio.
2. Fixed: Added a check to prevent Media Center from executing a shutdown while in the process of shutting down.
3. NEW: Added HTM and HTML to the list of sidecars shown by the new View Extras menu.
4. Changed: Made the function File/SetInfo take a parameter "Formatted" that when set to one the value coming in is formatted (like a date).  Defaults to "1".
5. Fixed: Pressing enter in the new value dialog for pane tagging wouldn't close the dialog if a suggestion was being shown.
6. Fixed: The popup about saving pane changes will show a little more reliably on shutdown.
7. Fixed: With multiple tabs open, the selected file for pane tagging (and maybe other things) could get corrupted.
8. Changed: Small update to the Modern Cards: Grey skin.
9. NEW: Added "Engen Command" task to scheduler.  Allows scheduling scene and lighting events if an Engen server is available (experimental).

22.0.22 (8/29/2016)

1. Changed: Updated the three Modern Cards Skins
2. Fixed: M4V files were being treated as data files.
3. Changed: DLNA renderer zone status calls used to determine whether the device is up will handle more broken renderers that don't properly support the spec On devices that were failing, the playback progress bar didn't advance.
4. Changed: Renamed the image tool to "Convert or Resize".
5. Changed: Made the Find & Replace tool work on the display of a field instead of the data so it works a lot better on dates.
6. Fixed: DLNA. Volume leveling was coming on by default if the material to be played was being converted.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateField to create a library field with a given name and data type.
8. Fixed: Some skin icons weren't drawing properly (especially on high DPI).
9. NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
10. NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateFile to create a file record and return the new ID.

22.0.18 (8/16/2016)

1. Fixed: The auto-import countdown timer for empty libraries would not count down on Mac or Linux
2. NEW: The DLNA server Audio Advanced DSP studio is active for all functions including sample rate changes.
3. Changed: The DLNA server Audio Advanced settings removed the simplified settings for sample rate, volume levelling and Stereo Downmix.
4. NEW: Added three new skins: Modern Cards: Dark, Modern Cards: Grey, and Modern Cards: White.
5. Changed: Added some support for adding custom images and icons to skins.
6. Changed: Standard equalizer now applies pre-amp values to subwoofer channels.  Previously they were ignored.
7. NEW: Added "Options > Audio > Load files to memory at the start of playback" to totally load a file into memory when playback starts (works with APE, FLAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, DSD, MP4, OGG, ).
8. NEW: Text color can be configured for Text-based video subtitles that do not have their own styling info.
9. NEW: OSD text color can be configured.
10. NEW: Added a "Reset OSD text color to skin setting" option in "Tree & View" > "Advanced"

22.0.13 (7/22/2016)

1. NEW: The SoX resampler can be enabled in Options > Audio to handle all your resampling needs.
2. Fixed: The media server icon was not appearing on the taskbar while it was running.
3. Fixed: VST and other DSP plugins could not be installed from DSP Studio.

22.0.12 (7/21/2016)

1. Fixed: A Gatekeeper problem at installation.

22.0.10 (7/21/2016)

1. NEW: First Mac build of MC 22

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 22.0.30 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:52:58 am »

20.0.30 crashes 5 sec after starting. Constantly!

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »

Does it give you a crash report? If so, could you email it and the Media Center log to brad at jriver dot com.

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:14:49 pm »

Not much help to you @roller, but it's working OK on my MacBook Pro. 

Thanks for the update to the Modern Cards: Grey skin - much easier to see the progress bar and now my skin of choice.

churchmouse

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:53:00 pm »

22.0.30 working fine here.

It was slow to open, but eventually opened with my licence, however I also received an email with a temporary licence key (which I did not need to use).  Should this have happened? (I am a relative newbie and I don't know if that is normal procedure)

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »

It was slow to open, but eventually opened with my licence, however I also received an email with a temporary licence key (which I did not need to use).  Should this have happened? (I am a relative newbie and I don't know if that is normal procedure)

Yes, this is normal. Each time you restore a license, you will receive an e-mail like that.

churchmouse

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 02:51:28 pm »

Yes, this is normal. Each time you restore a license, you will receive an e-mail like that.
OK, but what is the point of the temporary key that was sent?   I did not use it.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 08:54:04 pm »

Handheld syncing issue:

'Delete from handheld any files not in sync list' is not working.

wim stolk

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 03:54:39 am »

I got the same problem with some slight difference It crashes sometimes after 5 sec but also after 5 minutes, the time after it crashes varies. I did have this problem from the beginning with all the releases i installed starting with rel 22.0.10 Because I was on a long trip abroad I did not post this before.
currently I run the new os sierra
I post the log

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:43:39 am »

I got the same problem with some slight difference It crashes sometimes after 5 sec but also after 5 minutes, the time after it crashes varies. I did have this problem from the beginning with all the releases i installed starting with rel 22.0.10 Because I was on a long trip abroad I did not post this before.
currently I run the new os sierra
I post the log

Near the end of the log, just before it ends abruptly, it looks like MC is analyzing audio on a file:

0022352: 175505408: Import: AnalyzeAudio: Analyzing: /Volumes/LaCie/Shared Music/CSNY 1974/01 Love The One You´re With.wav

I'm guessing MC is crashing when reading this file for Analyze Audio.  I would try moving this folder out of MC's auto import directories, and see if it is stable after that.

Brian.

wim stolk

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 08:07:25 am »

Near the end of the log, just before it ends abruptly, it looks like MC is analyzing audio on a file:

0022352: 175505408: Import: AnalyzeAudio: Analyzing: /Volumes/LaCie/Shared Music/CSNY 1974/01 Love The One You´re With.wav

I'm guessing MC is crashing when reading this file for Analyze Audio.  I would try moving this folder out of MC's auto import directories, and see if it is stable after that.

Brian.

Thank you for your suggestion.
I wonder why mc21 did not complain about these records. There were more then one in that file. At the moment it is still running without a problem. Fingers crossed.
By the way my compliments for this version it has improved sound qualities.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 12:43:45 pm »

Same with me. I tried and bought the Media Center three days ago.
It crashes regularly, sometimes after a short time, sometimes after
an hour of playing without a problem.
Mac Pro mid 2010 12 GB memory/ Mac OS Sierra, newest update, Media Center 22.0.30.

Frank

churchmouse

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 12:41:43 am »

Same with me. I tried and bought the Media Center three days ago.
It crashes regularly, sometimes after a short time, sometimes after
an hour of playing without a problem.
Mac Pro mid 2010 12 GB memory/ Mac OS Sierra, newest update, Media Center 22.0.30.

Frank
The only way I have been able to get v22 stable is to switch off background processes such as library sync and audio analysis.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:20 am »

Sometimes - after changing some preferences - I can't even start MediaCenter and have to restart the MAC.
Playing for a longer time is impossible at the moment, the program crashes every time. iTunes is stable and
never made any problem.
I hope that the problem (with Sierra?) soon will be solved.

Frank

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 02:58:07 pm »

This version crashes constantly after round about 10 seconds on my MAC (OSX 10.11.6).
As I wasn't sure if it is caused by my extensive database (40thsd tracks), I reorganized/ reloaded my database with the prior used Media Center version 20. No problems. Thus it is caused by 22.0.30.

BradATIMA

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 07:45:37 am »

This version crashes constantly after round about 10 seconds on my MAC (OSX 10.11.6).
As I wasn't sure if it is caused by my extensive database (40thsd tracks), I reorganized/ reloaded my database with the prior used Media Center version 20. No problems. Thus it is caused by 22.0.30.

It sounds like you might have a bad file that Media Center is trying to import. Enable logging in Media Center and then post the log here after a crash, or e-mail it to me if it's too big. I'm brad at jriver dot com.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:27 pm »

Hi Brad.
You gave me the right hint. The logfile showed a regular stop at one specific music track. I started listening to that track with itunes and after round about 3 minutes of the 4 minute song the file made a strange "krrrscht" sound and itunes jumped to the next song... meaning the song definitely was/is corrupt. Unfortunately. After elimination of this file jriver was/is stable again and did not crash anymore.
Isn't it possible to show a pop up or warning window instead of a crashing program in cases like this?
Martin

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »

Hi Brad.
You gave me the right hint. The logfile showed a regular stop at one specific music track. I started listening to that track with itunes and after round about 3 minutes of the 4 minute song the file made a strange "krrrscht" sound and itunes jumped to the next song... meaning the song definitely was/is corrupt. Unfortunately. After elimination of this file jriver was/is stable again and did not crash anymore.
Isn't it possible to show a pop up or warning window instead of a crashing program in cases like this?
Martin

Please say you kept a copy of that file to share with us!

Brad would absolutely love a copy if you could find it again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 02:42:06 pm »

:)
Off course I still have it.
I didn't think that this still makes sense, but only for you I'll send it to Brad. ;)
Do you also want to have the Apple log file information about the program crash?
Martin

BradATIMA

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 03:50:00 pm »

Yeah, the log file would be useful as well. It should provide a clue about where it's crashing at least.

wim stolk

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:44 am »

Thank you for your suggestion.
I wonder why mc21 did not complain about these records. There were more then one in that file. At the moment it is still running without a problem. Fingers crossed.
By the way my compliments for this version it has improved sound qualities.
after I removed the file it runned some time but,
it still crashes. and I cannot figure out if is a record or not.
Since the installation of mc22 I never been able to run it without a problem MC21 works flawlessly. Even with the bad files.

blgentry

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:53 am »

I think you have more bad files.  Here's one of the last lines from your log file:

0114727: 258826240: Import: AnalyzeAudio: Analyzing: /Volumes/LaCie/Shared Music/Jimi Hendrix Hendrix in the West/jimmy hendrix   (1).wav

The (1) in the file name might indicate that there have been several tries to download this file and the that (1) file is incomplete.

At one time I had to go through about 5 rounds of this process:  Log crash.  Read log to find bad file.  Move bad file away.  Repeat.

Once I got all of the bad files moved away, MC became totally stable for me.

Brian.

DJLegba

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 09:51:12 am »

after I removed the file it runned some time but,
it still crashes. and I cannot figure out if is a record or not.
Since the installation of mc22 I never been able to run it without a problem MC21 works flawlessly. Even with the bad files.

After you installed MC22 did you restore your MC21 library backup? If not, MC will try to analyze all the files again, and this is probably causing the crash.

wim stolk

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 01:03:12 pm »

I did not restore the library. And that was the trick. Thanks

MWL168

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 09:50:05 pm »

Newbie JRiver/MC user and first post here so apologize if this is the wrong place to post my problem.

I installed trial version of MC22.022 on my MacBook Pro a few days ago. With Audio Device set to "Combo384 Amanero(Core Audio)" and with the Bitstreaming set to "DSD" I cannot play DSD256 file (receive error message: "something went wrong with playback..."). Same error message regardless if I connect my Buffalo II DAC (uses ES9018 chips) to the MacBook or not. Additionally, if the Buffalo II DAC is connected to the MacBook, the attempt to play the DSD256 file seems to confuse the DAC - the digital volume control on the DAC would lose control and the DAC would either output max volume or very faint volume with no control by the digital volume on subsequent playback. Recycle the power to the DAC brings the DAC and its digital volume control back to working order.

The same setup plays DSD64 and DSD128 files just fine.

If I set the Bitstreaming to "None" then the DSD64, 128 and 256 all play just fine but down-sampled as expected.

Based on some reading I did, it seems that to play the DSD256 over DoP requires the DAC to be capable  of supporting 705.6KHz sample rate which, I believe, is beyond the spec of my DAC and the Amanero USB-i2s adapter I am using. I am fine with that if someone can confirm it.

However, I would really appreciate knowing why it makes my DAC to stop working. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks!

Walt3

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 09:17:02 am »

Hiw do you upgrade your current version without importing files all over again. When I downloaded 22.0.30, none of my files were there, it was as if I was starting over.

blgentry

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 09:30:25 am »

^  Backup your library from the older version.  Then restore it into the newer version:

1.  (in older MC version): File > Library > Backup library  (make note of the file name and location)
2.  (In new MC version):  File > Library > Restore library (using the file from above)

Brian.

DJLegba

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 09:38:59 am »

^ This should really be an optional part of the upgrade process. So many people miss this step and report crashes and other problems when the new version of MC tries to reimport the library and analyze all the files again. At the very lest, instructions for doing this manually should appear at the end of the upgrade setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up