INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can only play files not tracks using Cue sheets  (Read 1840 times)

donfca

• Recent member
Can only play files not tracks using Cue sheets
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:56 pm »

Big progress today getting JRiver to work with NAS into network DAC - thank you JRiver support team.

Now I find that after making the changes and using the Ayre QX-5 network DAC, files will only play form the start and the ability to pay tracks is lost. The tracks are shown but when clicked they play form the beginning of the file (the first song).

If the album was purchased or ripped with each track being a file it works fine. The problem is that I ripped most of my collection with Cue files to define tracks. JRiver is finding the Cue info as they are tracks are listed.

This makes it impossible to make a play list...

Any thoughts?

Please see my previous topic to understand where I am in the process.

We are getting high res files to play as the DAC displays DSD and such!

The sound is wonderful. I like the network connection input.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can only play files not tracks using Cue sheets
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:02 am »

Remember me saying that DLNA isn't the "simple easy" solution?  This is one of the many reasons why.  DLNA isn't standardized.  The QX-5 may not be capable of playing CUE based files correctly via DLNA.

I think you said you've used the QX-5 via USB before.  Does it play CUE based files that way?

Depending on how many of these CUE files you have, you might consider splitting them into individual files. They provide no benefit that I no benefit that I know of.  I see posts like this one from time to time about various types of CUE files not working in some way with MC.  I would avoid them if possible.  Depending on how much effort is required of course.

Brian.

donfca

• Recent member
Re: Can only play files not tracks using Cue sheets
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:30:22 am »

Yes no problem playing Cue sheets with the USB.

Years ago I used the single files because I liked having the files all in one directory. No problems with two directories for the 'Stones' and 'Rolling Stones' and so on. It was maybe a bad choice. This was all before JRiver.

I will rip the few demo tracks I need for the show. Thanks for all the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up