INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recordings missed..again...  (Read 4011 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
recordings missed..again...
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:31:00 pm »

Started 2 unplanned recordings for the father in law visiting....One at 9 the other at 10ish.. watching this second one for about 20 minutes then trying to go back to the first one  it started real time instead of where we left off...:(..Then went to video to start the recording from start I got the "no tuner cards are available to fulfill your request.."

Very frustrating..."Obviously not at par with a standard DVR" (Says the Father in law and wife..Couldn't agree more...)

When I thought I could impress the father in law with my setup..Was quite the opposite...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: recordings missed..again...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »

As if this was it...The Quantico recording did not start with 2/4 tuners available according to the TV status page.
Logs sent to yaobing...Could this be a new issue? Everything was pretty stable recently...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 09:57:25 pm »

It told me I cancelled the recording for Quantico..I never did and this is missed...Did it get confused with the earlier unplanned recordings eventhough I had enough tuner cards? Even if I didn't why wouldn't I get some kind of pop-up? Hopefully logs can tell and you can fix it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 06:59:12 am »

Try power cycling everything.  Maybe one of your tuners is hung.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 08:32:24 am »

To help me reading the log, can you tell me which tuners these shows were to be recorded on?  Colossus or HVR-1250?  And if you can tell me the show names that would be even better because I am not able to tell by "one at 9 the other at 10", since the log starting time was not in the file (thus the reference time was lost).  Recording rule IDs will help too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:25:13 am »

Sure can Yaobing. 

Power cycled everything yesterday.

I just looked at my recordings now and despite the fact it was telling me I had cancelled the recording Sunday for Quantico the recording is there!!

This could explain the "no tuner available"..It wasn't showing as recording while watching another show Sunday (in theater view) and also had the white icon when checking in standard view but it did record it!!!

So something is going on but good news is it did record Quantico.
All shows were recording on the 4 HVR-1250 except the Walking dead on the Colossus.
Thx for checking the logs and let me know if you need more info.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:39:59 am »

Just did a quick sanity check...
Yaobing if you look at the snapshots I sent you in my email and look at action 2 it shows it wasn't planning to record Quantico. (Record:0) But it did!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 03:47:39 pm »

OK.  I think this is another case of multiple recording rules trying to record the same show.

One instance started recording the show normally.  The second instance could not find tuner (because there were other shows being recorded at the time).

I will start soon working on resolving the issue of multiple tuners trying to start on the same show.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 10:50:34 am »

Do you mean this?  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107303.msg745158.html#msg745158

This one above definitely needs to be addressed ASAP but in my case I don't think this is what happened...
 I think it got confused when I hit record for 2 unplanned recordings while watching them.  It should have given me some sort of warning a show was recording instead of proceeding with the planned recording but showed this particular recording had been cancelled. (ie: Quantico)

You see this in my logs right? If you need more clues let me know.  I don't think I have subscriptions that willl record more than one show for the last Sunday night but I'll check.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 07:15:15 pm »

I am not sure.  I might have misspoken.

Now I see that recording of the show "KMFORGET" was started, but then a few minutes later, a Stop command was issued for it.  I have not checked whether the stop command actually stopped it.  Shortly after the stop command (a few seconds later), another show was started.  Again I will have to check whether the show actually was trying to use the same tuner that KMFORGET was using.  One possibility is that the second show had a higher priority.   There may have been a tuner that was stuck.  So MC could not find a free tuner, and thus stopped KMFORGET. 

That said, I also saw in your log there were two recording rules that were associated with the show Quantico: KMFORGET.  The events that I described in the above paragraph were associated with recording rule ID 608063037.  After the recording was stopped, another recording rule showed up in the log, rule ID 523409393.  However, this was marked as "not to record", so recording was not started on it.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 09:54:12 pm »

Just did a quick sanity check...
Yaobing if you look at the snapshots I sent you in my email and look at action 2 it shows it wasn't planning to record Quantico. (Record:0) But it did!

Quantico was recorded in full as per my first post.
Hope this helps thx yaobing.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 09:58:12 pm »

Yaobing I didn't send you my recording rule I'd as per requested above. I will tomorrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up