INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback too fast and no sound  (Read 3811 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
Playback too fast and no sound
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:01:19 pm »

using windows 7/64 bit, MC v. 21.0.90   - MC runs through music files very rapidly (3 sec to go through a minute of music) but without sound.   Clicking on a movie opens it properly (with sound), but right click/media center/play runs through the movie at superfast speed without sound. I have not done anything with the settings. Rebooting doesn't help. Neither does resetting the pnp server.  There's no problem with the hard drive containing my music because copying a flac or mp3 file to the desktop doesnt work either.   Please!! what to do??
rhk

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC won't work!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:19:16 am »

Is this a problem that just started? Did you change any settings? I assume this is not a new installation since you are using MC21 and not MC22.

Check the DSP settings - specifically check at Tools>Options>Audio>DSP &Output Format >Tempo and Pitch. If there is a check in the box for "Tempo & Pitch", remove it.

blgentry

Re: Playback too fast and no sound
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:56:37 am »

Are you using a network based player/DAC/streamer?  If so, try rebooting it too.  In fact, you might try powering down your entire network, servers, computers, and that audio device, then powering everything back up.

It also sounds like you might be using MC in an unusual way.  How are you starting playback?  Through MC, or through Windows Explorer shell integration?

Brian.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:36:14 am »

Rebooting the computer doesn't help. The options under "Playing Now"  are Overview, Player, PerfectWave DAC, and Playing from Main Library.   "Player" is a pair of external desktop speakers powered by a NAD amp via USB. This is the problem.  The Perfect Wave system  (which feeds my main stereo system) works well.

Windows settings must be OK because Windows Media Center works perfectly.  MC works for movies when I click on the movie icon directly, but when i try to open through MC I get the same fast forward.

This all happened spontaneously, without my deliberately changing anything.  The DSP settings looked OK. Temp & Pitch had been unchecked.  I somehow got an automatic update of MC last night - I rebooted again, but no change in the problem.

I don't understand what shell integration is:  I usually start the music through a MC playlist, or by clicking on the file I want to listen to on the hard drive that contains the music.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:42:57 am »

The options under "Playing Now"  are Overview, Player, PerfectWave DAC, and Playing from Main Library.   "Player" is a pair of external desktop speakers powered by a NAD amp via USB. This is the problem.

Try power cycling the NAD then.  I'm assuming it has it's own USB DAC built in.  The idea here is to "reboot" that DAC and then try again.

MC works for movies when I click on the movie icon directly, but when i try to open through MC I get the same fast forward.

I don't know what you're trying to describe with "directly".

I don't understand what shell integration is:  I usually start the music through a MC playlist, or by clicking on the file I want to listen to on the hard drive that contains the music.

Shell integration refers to using Windows Explorer (the file explorer that comes with Windows) to browse your media files and then send them to MC with a right click menu.  Are you using the right click menu that sends directly to MC from Windows Explorer?  Or do you mean something else when you say you are clicking on the file on the hard drive?

Brian.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

the NAD amp powers on and off with the computer, so that recycles along with the computer. It works perfectly well  with windows media center & VLC media center

As to movies, I misspoke: When I double left click on a movie icon  windows media center is the default program, and it works properly.
When I right click/media center/play or change the default to MC - the movie is on fast forward. right click for VLC or windows media player - movies play correctly.

as to audio - windows media center plays the music correctly through the NAD/desktop speakers; MC is on fast forward - whether I double left click a music file, right click/play/MC, or open from within MC from FILES or from a playlist.

And this is only on the"player" option through the USB/NAD.   Using the networked PSAudio DAC, the music works fine any way I open the music files.

summary: in MC the networked PSAudio DAC works perfectly;  the "player" route is stuck on fast forward

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
Re: Playback too fast and no sound - new issue
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 07:49:56 pm »

From one swamp to another:   I removed MC and reinstalled the same version (21.090). It automatically recognized my library and playlists.   The problem with the desktop speakers is resolved, but now MC won't recognize my PSAudio DirectWave DAC.

I rebooted the DAC, updated the upnp, rebooted the computer - all to no avail.
Suggestions?
thanks
rhk
Pages: [1]   Go Up