INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot play video with MC22 on Windows  (Read 2084 times)

bodiebill

• Junior Woodchuck
Cannot play video with MC22 on Windows
« on: October 01, 2016, 11:16:59 am »

I have the multi-platform version of MC22.
On my iMac video works well. However on Windows I cannot play video. The error that pops up is:

Something went wrong with playback.
    Details: Failed to setup video window. (hr=0x8004002)

This applies to all video formats that I tried (avi, mkv, m4v) and it does not matter if I try to play a file from my NAS or locally.
I am using Red October Standard as recommended.

I re-installed JRiver, then even re-installed my PC (Windows Server 2012 R2 with GUI), but to no avail.

P S I just noticed that Red October HQ does show video but with lots of stutters (audio as well as video).

Any ideas how this can be improved?

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Cannot play video with MC22 on Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:27:00 pm »

AFAIK Windows Server O/S are not supported by JRiver and I think this is likely to be the source of your issues.
Windows Server only supports a very small number of GPUs, are you running a supported GPU with the correct Server driver?
By default a lot of services you see on a desktop O/S are disabled or missing from the Server editions, have you enabled the sound driver? There is a feature on the Server called "Desktop Experience" have you tried installing that?
I have no direct experience running JRiver as a player on 2012R2 it may not be possible.

bodiebill

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cannot play video with MC22 on Windows
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:54:02 am »

Thanks for the reply! Indeed, Windows Server 2012 may not be a good idea although it works very well with audio.
I have now installed Linux Ubuntu 16.04 instead and that seems to work well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up