INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests (or: am I doing it wrong)  (Read 2908 times)

cutandcover

• Recent member
Feature Requests (or: am I doing it wrong)
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:30:17 am »

Not sure if this is the place but I either don't know how to do these things, or if they're really not enabled, would like them:

- In the "Player" - can the player automatically jump to the track in the list which is being played? I find that if I am shuffling library, if I hit play, the display stays on track 1 but starts playing from where I left off. The playback is great, and what I expect, but the display will not keep up until I manually scroll the list to show the current playing track, then it automatically jumps to each track. I would like it to do this regardless of whether the track is visible on screen.

- something iTunes did which I got used to was if I was doing something else, and it started playing a new track, that info would pop on as a notification and land in the Notification Center. I realize this may be harder to do, but I would love if MC could do this too. Broadcast what it's playing by track to notifications.

- is there a way to LOCK the output device and audio settings? In my setup, for example, I have several audio devices. Main listening is Oppo 105D via USB, and I also have an Apogee Duet (for needledrop recording), as well as the TV via HDMI. I *always* want to use the Oppo with MC, but if I fail to turn it on before launching MC, the output settings move to the Duet, and it seems the Output Formats all switch on and resample higher stuff to 96K. I think they move back if I shut down and restart with the Oppo on, but recently had to go in to the Output Format and turn it off as MC was resampling. Any way to lock the settings so they don't switch output device and formats? I would not mind at all if the device was not found for MC to tell me and do nothing, rather than switch automatically.

cutandcover

• Recent member
Re: Feature Requests (or: am I doing it wrong)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:57:22 am »

- I'd more often like to start up with just the Media Server running. When I choose this setting (Tools - Options - Startup - Mac Startup - Media Server (allows library sharing), my Mac starts up with both Media Center and Media Server. I would think this option would only load the Media Server (tray icon) but it always loads both.

- JRemote is great. But it does not save my preferred views. For example, if I close the app and relaunch it, all of the thumbnail views and sorting go back to their defaults for each tab. Is there a way to store these so I don't have to cycle them each time the app starts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 07:21:16 am »

Under Tools > Options > General > Behavior, you can select what you want to have happen when you press the Play button.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:17:57 am »

- In the "Player" - can the player automatically jump to the track in the list which is being played? I find that if I am shuffling library, if I hit play, the display stays on track 1 but starts playing from where I left off.

Try Jim's suggestion of setting the Jump On Play to Playing Now.  That will probably work.  You can force MC to "update" Playing Now any time you want by selecting Player > Playing Now > Show Playing Now .  That will zoom the view to show the playing track and highlight it.  I use this so frequently that I have it mapped to a hot key, Command-N .

- something iTunes did which I got used to was if I was doing something else, and it started playing a new track, that info would pop on as a notification and land in the Notification Center.

The windows version has a plugin that does this I believe.  I don't know of anything for MC for Mac that will do this.

- is there a way to LOCK the output device and audio settings? In my setup, for example, I have several audio devices. Main listening is Oppo 105D via USB, and I also have an Apogee Duet (for needledrop recording), as well as the TV via HDMI. I *always* want to use the Oppo with MC, but if I fail to turn it on before launching MC, the output settings move to the Duet, and it seems the Output Formats all switch on and resample higher stuff to 96K. I think they move back if I shut down and restart with the Oppo on, but recently had to go in to the Output Format and turn it off as MC was resampling. Any way to lock the settings so they don't switch output device and formats? I would not mind at all if the device was not found for MC to tell me and do nothing, rather than switch automatically.

I believe you can force MC to not use a different sample rate on error with this setting:
Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > auto configure output settings on playback error > (choose)

Brian.

cutandcover

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »

Thanks for these replies! The manual Show Playing Now works to scroll the list, but the Jump On Play to Playing Now just changes the view to Playing Now without scrolling the list to the playing track. Slowly getting sorted here - these are minor quibbles on an amazingly well designed and useful app. Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up