INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vu+ Duo2  (Read 2800 times)

Nobiles

• Recent member
vu+ Duo2
« on: October 02, 2016, 05:52:45 pm »

Hi

I am not familiar with Linux OS. My Windows HTPC sounds very good with JRiver installed.  So I am wondering, if I can install JRiver on my VU+ Duo2 (Linux OS), too? (bought it 2 days ago and it is still an unknown world for me). The nativ sound quality of the VU+ is not as good as of the HTPC. So at the time I use the VU+ only for watching TV. My intention is to use only the VU+ as media center, if the sound quality matches my wishes.

Thanks!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: vu+ Duo2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 06:55:19 pm »

Hi

I am not familiar with Linux OS. My Windows HTPC sounds very good with JRiver installed.  So I am wondering, if I can install JRiver on my VU+ Duo2 (Linux OS), too? (bought it 2 days ago and it is still an unknown world for me). The nativ sound quality of the VU+ is not as good as of the HTPC. So at the time I use the VU+ only for watching TV. My intention is to use only the VU+ as media center, if the sound quality matches my wishes.

Thanks!

I'd never heard of Vu before, so I read through the the manual for your device, and I'm not sure what kind of operating system it's actually running.  It mentions Linux, but Linux can refer to an OS or just the kernel (i.e. android uses the Linux kernel, but isn't Linux in the sense meant by this subforum).  The Vu looks kind of like an appliance that happens to use the Linux kernel, but maybe not the traditional GNU/Linux userland.

It's not clear from the manual whether one can install 3rd party software at all on the Vu; can you provide a little info on what kind of software installation options it offers?.  Additionally, it appears to have a MIPS processor, which does not bode well for compatibility. 

Nobiles

• Recent member
Re: vu+ Duo2
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:57:54 am »

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I have found the following info:

"The Linux distributions used in Vu+ products is based on Enigma2, and it also supports OpenPLI, an open source software for set-top boxes based on Enigma2."

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01/17/linux-based-vu-dvb-set-top-boxes-now-support-xbmckodi/

Does this help in any way?

Best regards

Edit: I have root access and I can see the normal file strutcure (/lib /etc /dev ...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up