INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Sort of resolved] Can't connect Id to WiFi network  (Read 1671 times)

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[Sort of resolved] Can't connect Id to WiFi network
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »

I got an Id a few days ago and have been working through problems to get it working.  Nothing but frustration and 10+ years of using MC on Windows doesn't help much.

My latest problem is that I can't get the Id to connect to my WPA2 secured WiFi system.  After I click on the Connect button in the Wicd Network Manager window, the Id grinds away before finally stopping with a Not Connected status at the bottom of the window.  It sometimes get to a validating authorization message and sometimes not.  Once the windows froze and was no longer responsive to mouse clicks. 

I have tried several times for each band and I checked the password.  Before starting, I shut down the Id and disconnected the wired lan cable. 

I installed a new router (Netgear Ac1750 R6400) a few months ago so the experience of getting 2 laptops, a tablet and a smartphone working on the WiFi network is fresh.  No problems in getting any of those devices on our network.

The Id is in the same room as the WiFi router, about 8 feet from it.  The information windows for each band show strong signal strength.  A laptop placed inches from the Id can connect to my personal PC via wiFi.

I could use some suggestions for ways to troubleshoot and fix this problem.

[Edit] I kept trying and eventually got the Id connected to my WiFi network.  If it can connect from now on, I'm OK.  On the the next thing to figure out.

BradATIMA

Re: [Sort of resolved] Can't connect Id to WiFi network
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:46:44 pm »

I'm glad you were able to get it working. This one had me stumped because I am having no problems here with connecting to wireless networks. However, I did want to check on one thing. The Id you're using is a NUC Id and not an Id Pi, correct?

Listener

• MC Beta Team
Re: [Sort of resolved] Can't connect Id to WiFi network
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

Brad, it is the current model Intel NUC based Id with SSD.

"get it working"?  Just barely.  Do I have confidence that the Id will be reliable in day-to-day use?  Not yet.

I appreciate your interest.

Pages: [1]   Go Up