INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two specific functions do not activate or view as expected.  (Read 2883 times)

dichotomous1

• Junior Woodchuck
Two specific functions do not activate or view as expected.
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:11:05 pm »

Hello,
I've come across two functions I have not been able to activate.

- Application of: View/Skin/Skin Effects/Change Color
  No alternate color options appear nor selection window.

- DSP Studio:
  When DSP Studio pop up window first opens, none of the applied settings appear on first view.  Only the right side menu with selected checked boxes but left side of window with setting specifics is not fully populated. Just a top banner appears. Only after selecting a different setting option from the right side menu and then returning to the previously viewed (AKA saved state from previous application use) does the window populate.   This appears weather a file is currently playing or not.

Another observation in DSP Studio: When the Effects are viewed on my Macbook Pro, there are no level numbers next to the up and down arrows to the right of each effect.  When viewing on my desktop iMac, there is a level number next to the up and down selection arrows. (Note: the screen size of the devices varies 15" & 27" and enlarging the Effect window on the laptop does not make the level number appear.)

Is there a view setting I have wrong or are these known issues?

Please advise.

Thanks  J

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two specific functions do not activate or view as expected.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »

Quote from: dichotomous1 link=topic=107383.msg745647#msg745647
- Application of: View/Skin/Skin Effects/Change Color
  No alternate color options appear nor selection window.

Confirmed.  The "Change Color" button doesn't do anything.  I *think* this used to work way back, but I haven't checked in a very long time.

- DSP Studio:
  When DSP Studio pop up window first opens, none of the applied settings appear on first view.

Correct.  This is a bug.  All you have to do is click on any other DSP function and then click back to your original selection and you can see all of the details again.  But yes, it's currently not working as designed.

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 11:35:27 am »

Correct.  This is a bug.  All you have to do is click on any other DSP function and then click back to your original selection and you can see all of the details again.  But yes, it's currently not working as designed.

Brian.

This is true in V21 as well.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »

This issue is kind of a mystery because we cannot reproduce it at all here. Maybe there is something similar with the systems for users with this issue. Is anyone with this issue using any VST plugins? What's the OSX version? Brian, do you remember which MC21 build this issue began with?

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 01:20:43 pm »

On my iMac I installed the VST Fabfilter Pro-Q2. Everything works.
I deinstalled this plugin. OK
I then tried to install it once again.
Restart the programm. OK. Everything works fine.

But,
on my macbook pro I have the same problem like dichotomus1:
When DSP Studio pop up window first opens, none of the applied settings appear on first view...

Before 22...30 I installed on this macbook a lot of plugins (Fabfilter, iZotope) but it was not possible to deinstal them (since MC 19....). Now its possible, but I have the described issue.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:26:08 pm »

This issue is kind of a mystery because we cannot reproduce it at all here. Maybe there is something similar with the systems for users with this issue. Is anyone with this issue using any VST plugins? What's the OSX version? Brian, do you remember which MC21 build this issue began with?

Mac Mini 8 gigs ram, OS X 10.11.6 Media Center 21.0.80    no plugins
2013 Mac Pro 32 gigs ram, OS X 10.11.6 Media Center 21.0.80   1 VST plugin

Music is stored on a QNAP-453A

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:20:07 pm »

Is anyone with this issue using any VST plugins? What's the OSX version?

I have a VST plugin installed, which I don't use.  But I can't uninstall it as that functionality appears to be broken in the current build.  I'm using OSX 10.9.5 .

Brian, do you remember which MC21 build this issue began with?

I just did 10 minutes of research and it appears it went something like this:

Somewhere before 21.0.24 there were display issues with the SmartList Editor *and* DSP Studio.
21.0.24 fixed the Smartlist editor and maybe the DSP Studio, but the Smartlist fix wasn't 100%.
The next release (21.0.30??) fixed the Smartlist editor completely, but then broke the DSP Studio window again.  It's been broken ever since.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up