INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View background slideshow, where does it get offline images from? SOLVED  (Read 3502 times)

markgough

• Recent member

Hi, Does anyone know the location of image files that the Theater View uses for background slide shows?
The problem I am having is this: Playing a music album in Theater View with "List" displayed results in appropriate online sourced background images for a few minutes. But after a few minutes, the image displayed changes every time to a cover of a particular  audio book. This is an audio book I used to have in my JR Library with the cover image embedded in the audio files. Initially I tried removing the image from the files but the problem persisted. I've since removed the audio files themselves from my library but the problem continues every time. The audio book  consisted of over 100 files and it seems the Theater View slide show is cycling through them as the cover image is displayed for a long time, never going back to relevant images for the music playing. I wonder if the cover image is still stored somewhere on my computer and Theater View is drawing from there?  Any help would be appreciated!

I'm using JRiver 21.0.90 with the Obsidian Theater View skin, Default Theme with "show online media slideshow"  checked and Windows 8

JimCo06

• Recent member

I believe this is a known problem that affects some people.  See this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105958.0.html

There is a work around posted but I didn't want to try it.  I rolled back to version 21.0.80 and the problem went away.  Sorry to learn that it is still happening in 21.0.90.  Perhaps it has been fixed in 22.

markgough

• Recent member

Thanks  JimCo06  for your help pointing me in the right direction, my Theater View slideshow is now working perfectly! For anyone coming across this thread with the same issue, here's what I've learned. The slideshow freezes on a file called "folder.jpg" in your JR Library folder, although no one seems to know why. You'll need to delete these files to prevent freezes. They're hidden files , so to delete them you'll need to view hidden Windows files in folder view. I didn't know they were there but I guess they were imported along with the audio files. I embed my cover art in the audio files, so deleting them has caused no problems for me, the cover art still displays. For those who don't want to upgrade or downgrade their version of JR this solution may be best, thanks again JimCo06 !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

This is a known issue with MC21.  The latest builds of MC22 should fix it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up