INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote stops playing tv series  (Read 1800 times)

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
JRemote stops playing tv series
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:25:56 pm »

Ok, first, all my pc's and ipad air 2, have the latest updates, also for the softwares and apps.
In the past I used my Ipad air 2 via wifi connected to pc jriver media server, without problem since I got a very fast wifi connection on my router. I can choose between 2.8 or
5 Ghz, doesn't help problem stays.
I connect fine and fast with my ipad air 2 to MC latest, I open a mkv file of a ripped movie
or tv show, 720p, at first about a minute it plays fine, than it stops playing and quits,
and goes back to the video, recent, view. When I click the thumbnail of that tv serie again,
it starts playing again but further in time, plays 15 to 30 seconds of the video and stops/quits again and goes to previous window. This keeps happening, very annoying.
I am sick, in bed, and don't have a TV in me bedroom. So streaming via wifi to my ipad
Was always great. Until now, clicking every time again on the thumbnail, start the tv serie, rewind (cause it seems to skip further in time for no reason), watch a few seconds, and repeating this again, gives me nerves, not what I need know while sick.

Streaming from media server (win 10 pro) via gigabit network cat6 cables to my gigabit wifi router and to my htpc and tv works superb, no problems there.
When I watch movies on my ipad from netflix or youtube, 720p or 1080p, all plays fine via wifi. Only JRemote wont play continous... :-(
It happened also with IOS 9 but less.

Is there another app to use on my ipad air 2 64GB? Which can connect to JR media center's server? And how to do this?

Thanks a lot to look into this. Btw with audio only I dont have this problem.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote stops playing tv series
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »

I installed Air Video HD server on pc and the app on Ipad, and I no problems with these.
So for now I'm ok, but I would prefer to use JRiver Media Center and JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up