INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound output help!!  (Read 2386 times)

sid123

Sound output help!!
« on: October 06, 2016, 01:22:52 am »

Hi guys,

I have been using JRiver for a while now and was using the analog output of my htpc. Recently I got a 5.1 system and switched my audio device to HDMI.
The problem is that the receiver shows PCM 2.0, no matter the source. I tried with DTS-HD MA, AC3 5.1 and various other sources. I have tried:
  • both Directsound and WASAPI
  • enabling and disabling bitstreaming.
  • enabling and disabling output device as 5.1 and 7.1
  • both Red October Hq and standard

For all the cases the reciever shows PCM 2.0.
Moreover, I tried KODI and it bistreams on WASAPI just fine ( DTS master comes up on the receiver)
So, there is some setting i am not getting right on JRiver.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Note: for a moment bistreaming on WASAPI worked but after 10 seconds it switched back to PCM2.0 and hasnt worked since.

Update: I am using windows 10 and MC22 (latest stable build). My receiver is Anthem MRX520. Under Red october HQ settings, the settings show the receiver and the display that is attached to it.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Sound output help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 07:16:31 am »

More Info Needed-version of windows and MC also the receiver will help the gurus get you up and going...good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:18:54 am »

I seem to recall that in some cases you need to check your windows configuration of your HDMI sound properties.  Make sure that it "sees" your receiver and not your TV.  Also see if there is a selection for channels there and set it appropriately.

Brian

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:30:30 am »

I recently had a problem where some file would not start and MC said it couldn't start play on the selected output, even though it was set up right. Anything over 2 channels wouldn't play, unless I turned OFF bitstreaming, and then it played, but two channels only.
Eventually I found I needed this checked: Open Device for Exclusive Use.
It always was checked, but I must have toggled it trying to do something else. You didn't mention that, perhaps make sure it is checked?

Don

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 08:01:00 am »

Have a look at your windows audio driver, it has to support multi channel audio as Brian says. Sometimes this is called "High Definition Audio".
You should be able to see the supported multi channel formats in the properties of your high definition audio playback device.
Remember to connect and switch on your receiver. If your TV is connected to your receiver, switch it on as well.
Once you have sorted this, MC is able to use multi channel audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up