INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continuing playing a playlist from last time  (Read 5825 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Continuing playing a playlist from last time
« on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:43 am »

Hi
I wonder if it is possible to play a certain playlist henceforth. For example maybe I play the the first third of the playlist day one and then when I start JRiver next day so that it plays the rest of the list? I mean without me doing anything particular. Is there any setting for that?
JRiver for music

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Continuing playing a playlist from last time
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 01:27:18 pm »

add 'last played' to column list and click that, that will align by last date played.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:08:07 pm »

Or just leave the playlist loaded in Playing Now.  I build playlists of 100 songs or so all the time and just leave them in Playing Now for 3, 4, 5 or more days, playing until I reach the end.  I just pause when I want to stop playback and resume playback whenever I want.  It's all very automatic and easy.

Brian.

Captor

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 07:59:10 am »

add 'last played' to column list and click that, that will align by last date played.....

Hi, I am not sure I understand how to do that. I will look around and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:57 am »

Or just leave the playlist loaded in Playing Now.  I build playlists of 100 songs or so all the time and just leave them in Playing Now for 3, 4, 5 or more days, playing until I reach the end.  I just pause when I want to stop playback and resume playback whenever I want.  It's all very automatic and easy.

Brian.

blgentry > I see, so that is another way to do? I can not remember that I have used "playing now" before? I will try this too and see if I can figure out how it works. Thank you very much! If I dont figure out maybe I come back and ask :-)
Thanks both!
JRiver for music

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

Hi, I am not sure I understand how to do that. I will look around and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

right click on the header and scroll to find last played and check it...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Captor

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:31:32 am »

Brian.
Dear Brian
What do you mean by leave the playlist in Playing now? When I play the list favourites for example I do not see that in the Playing Now at all?
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 10:34:04 am »

TAO, what do you mean by columnlist? Do you mean the Smartlist or Playlist column?
And were can I find "Last Played" in order to add it there?
JRiver for music

221bBS

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 11:53:36 am »

TAO, what do you mean by columnlist? Do you mean the Smartlist or Playlist column?
And were can I find "Last Played" in order to add it there?
He means the columns in the main view (Name, Rating, Album, Track#, etc.). If you right click the header a drop down list will appear. Scroll down this list and add the Last played column. (see attached screenshot)

Dear Brian
What do you mean by leave the playlist in Playing now? When I play the list favourites for example I do not see that in the Playing Now at all?
You can see the Playing Now in the navigation tree on the left, It contains couple of things. One is called zones. By default, MC comes with the Player zone (I think that's what it's called). When you press the Play button in a playlist, it sends the playlist to a zone (Player by default). You can see what's in the zone by clicking on it. I have several zones in my Playing Now (Music, Music (Rate), Player, Video, Workout). (see attached screenshot)

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 12:01:51 pm »

Everything 221bbs said is correct.  Just to add to what he said:

Everything that plays in MC goes through Playing Now.  As 221 said, just click on the zone name and you'll see what's currently in Playing Now (PN).  PN is an incredibly powerful thing.  You can easily reorder what is playing, remove what you don't want, etc.  I use Playing Now as a dynamic way of creating "what I want to listen to right now".  I add albums to Playing Now, and then rearrange or remove them to suit my overall desire for what I want to listen to.

Try exploring around in Playing Now a bit.  Check out all of the options you have for sending files or albums (or playlists) to Playing Now.  Right click on any of these and notice that you have many options for sending these to Playing Now.  It's a fantastic system and one of the core features of MC.

Brian.

Captor

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »

He means the columns in the main view (Name, Rating, Album, Track#, etc.). If you right click the header a drop down list will appear. Scroll down this list and add the Last played column. (see attached screenshot)
You can see the Playing Now in the navigation tree on the left, It contains couple of things. One is called zones. By default, MC comes with the Player zone (I think that's what it's called). When you press the Play button in a playlist, it sends the playlist to a zone (Player by default). You can see what's in the zone by clicking on it. I have several zones in my Playing Now (Music, Music (Rate), Player, Video, Workout). (see attached screenshot)

Dear 221bBS, thank you very much for the fine explanation. That is new for me. This zone thing I thought was different zones (different rooms) in the home. But this explains that it is something else. Very nice, I will try that out tomorrow.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »

Everything 221bbs said is correct.  Just to add to what he said:

Everything that plays in MC goes through Playing Now.  As 221 said, just click on the zone name and you'll see what's currently in Playing Now (PN).  PN is an incredibly powerful thing.  You can easily reorder what is playing, remove what you don't want, etc.  I use Playing Now as a dynamic way of creating "what I want to listen to right now".  I add albums to Playing Now, and then rearrange or remove them to suit my overall desire for what I want to listen to.

Try exploring around in Playing Now a bit.  Check out all of the options you have for sending files or albums (or playlists) to Playing Now.  Right click on any of these and notice that you have many options for sending these to Playing Now.  It's a fantastic system and one of the core features of MC.

Brian.

Dear Brian, Yes I start to understand now what this Playing Now is all about. To be truth I have never used that before. As I said to 221 also I will try it out more tomorrow. I let you know my adventure :-)
Thanks a lot for taking the time and explain for me, both of you!
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:19:14 am »

Hello again, now I have played around a bit with Playing Now and I start to understand the whole thing. Yes it look like it is a powerful tool.  And I guess that I have just scratched the surface so far.

I have at least created 2 "zones" now and named them Favourites and Sing and dance just as they are named in my playlists. I have also add "Last played".

So now I let the playing now zones stay there and next time I just continue by clicking on that, right?

Actually JRiver continues to play where it stopped last time. But I can click that as TAO said. See attached picture. The zone Sing and dance is playing now.

Thank you very much all of you for helping me out. Maybe I come back if new questions comes up.
JRiver for music

221bBS

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 11:44:09 am »

You need to adjust the play order. Click the Last Played header, twice. The Last Played header should now have a ↓1 on the right side (see pic).

Now hover you mouse over the tab (Sing and dance on your pic) until a menu drops down (see pic) and click Update Order.

Captor

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »

Dear 221, I see, OK I will do that as well. Thank you very much!
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up