INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John - just wanted to say....  (Read 1600 times)

nila

John - just wanted to say....
« on: July 24, 2003, 01:00:21 am »

Hey John, :)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for adding in the ability to re-name files to be burnt on the CD. The ability to rename from tags is AMAZING and means you've probably just got me doing nearly ALL my burning of my music and TV series with MC whereas before I always used Nero.

I can now have VERY nicely organised cd's that are nice and neat and it saves me the HUGE pain I used to get ALL the time of file names being just cut at the limit which made the names absolutely no use to me.

One small change = complete turn around of my useage of it - I'm probably going to be using it all the time now (Just Successfully backed up ALL of my series 1 of friends onto 1 DVD with the naming format: Episode # - Episode Name - it's sooo neat and looks sooo perty and is just well - YUMM!!)

Thanks dude for that feature!!!

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
Re: John - just wanted to say....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 06:16:43 am »

One small change = complete turn around of my useage of it - I'm probably going to be using it all the time now (Just Successfully backed up ALL of my series 1 of friends onto 1 DVD with the naming format: Episode # - Episode Name - it's sooo neat and looks sooo perty and is just well - YUMM!!)

Nila,

I would love to do that.  How are you compressing all of a series onto 1 DVD?  What are you using?  What steps do you take?

Please let me know.  Email me if it is easier?

Thanks

Graham

g.preedy @ btconnect.com

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 06:45:27 am »

Thanks for the kind words Nila. Glad to hear it's working out for you. I've got several of your other good suggestions on the list, keep the ideas coming!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 08:44:02 am »

Yeah, this is just one of those little things that make it a step above the rest.

Everyone expects the CD to burn so that isn't qualified as a feature - the little things like this are what give it a 'but can yours do this' element.

No longer do I have a message saying:
Your filenames are too long - we're going to mess them up, chop them up and give you something useless to read later.
Now I can just make it nice and easy and useful - sooo nice :)

If u get the playlists saved automatically after each burn I'll be in love forever :)

Oh yeah - one other tiny one - Verify burnt data - Any chance? Nero does it and when backing up stuff to CD before deleting it from your hard drive forever it's just nice to know it's copied properly before hitting that ever scarey delete button :)

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 11:25:46 am »

No longer do I have a message saying:
Your filenames are too long - we're going to mess them up, chop them up and give you something useless to read later.
-=-=

WAOW!!!!!!!!!!
I will give it a try this week-end.
This is BIG good news.

By the way ,i assume that it is working as well burning data[mp3] cds.

nila

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 12:48:44 pm »

yeah - !!!!

It works sweet :)

Wahooo!!

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 01:26:19 pm »

Yes ,it is great.
Got a box of cheap CD-R and i'am trying many options to see the ones i like the most and if friendly with  my CD/CDMP3 players and DVD player.
Look like i do not need Nero anymore.....

My two 'favorites' : this new ability and Recorder.
They are both better, much better , than many others programs

nila

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 03:34:42 pm »

Z - save yourself some cash - use a CDRW if ur drives support them - saves wasting all the cd's on trials :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up