INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id and MC 22  (Read 10072 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Id and MC 22
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

We will be transitioning to MC 22 on the Id in a few months.  At that point we will switch to an Id-only MC license.

To get to MC 22 on older Id's, one will need to purchase an upgrade license and download an update to a USB key to install on the Id.

The library and files on the Id will be preserved.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Id and MC 22
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:43:15 pm »

Good move. I like the sound of that.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »

Great news
I was wondering if we have a master licence already and just purchased the id a few weeks ago am I going to have to buy a different licence?
Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:51:41 am »

We'll provide free licenses for recent purchases, anything after July 1.  The cost for others will be modest.

greatgreyowl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 07:09:55 am »

I have a classic ID I use in my office and have kept it up to date with all upgrades except for the most recent one which came out a day or so ago. Will be processing that update in the next day or so. However, it is still running JRiver 20. In my main system at home I am running JRiver 22 for which I have a Master license purchased/upgraded on July 23, 2016. I previously had a Master License for JRiver 21. I would like to upgrade my current ID to JRiver 21 in preparation for the upgrade to JRiver 22 indicated in a previous post in this topic. Where do I go to download the appropriate version of JRiver for my classic ID and what do I use for the registration key?

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 12:29:36 pm »

Bob,  I bought an Id after July 1 so the MC 22 upgrade should be free for me.  However, although I have an MC 22 lic. for Windows and have it installed on my personal PC, I'm using MC 21 to play music day to day and would prefer to stay on MC 21 on our Windows PCs until JRiver finishes MC 22 development.

I'm just using the Id as a DLNA renderer controlling MC 21 on my personal PC using WebRemote connected to MC 21 on the Windows PC.  Can I upgrade the Id to MC 22 and continue to use it as a renderer with MC 21 on the Windows PC doing the server/control functions?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 12:43:11 pm »

Bob,  I bought an Id after July 1 so the MC 22 upgrade should be free for me.  However, although I have an MC 22 lic. for Windows and have it installed on my personal PC, I'm using MC 21 to play music day to day and would prefer to stay on MC 21 on our Windows PCs until JRiver finishes MC 22 development.

I'm just using the Id as a DLNA renderer controlling MC 21 on my personal PC using WebRemote connected to MC 21 on the Windows PC.  Can I upgrade the Id to MC 22 and continue to use it as a renderer with MC 21 on the Windows PC doing the server/control functions?
If you are only using the Id as a DLNA renderer it's not important for the versions to match up.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:47:06 pm »

I have a classic ID I use in my office and have kept it up to date with all upgrades except for the most recent one which came out a day or so ago. Will be processing that update in the next day or so. However, it is still running JRiver 20. In my main system at home I am running JRiver 22 for which I have a Master license purchased/upgraded on July 23, 2016. I previously had a Master License for JRiver 21. I would like to upgrade my current ID to JRiver 21 in preparation for the upgrade to JRiver 22 indicated in a previous post in this topic. Where do I go to download the appropriate version of JRiver for my classic ID and what do I use for the registration key?
We are going to go directly from 20 to 22 on the Id. The work on this is in progress.
The upgrade will need to be downloaded onto a usb stick and booted on the Id very similar to the current firmware recovery process.
We'll be importing the MC 20 settings and Library into MC 22 as part of the upgrade process. You will want an extra backup of those before running the upgrade to be safe.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 03:56:52 am »

We are going to go directly from 20 to 22 on the Id. The work on this is in progress.
The upgrade will need to be downloaded onto a usb stick and booted on the Id very similar to the current firmware recovery process.
We'll be importing the MC 20 settings and Library into MC 22 as part of the upgrade process. You will want an extra backup of those before running the upgrade to be safe.

Looking forward to this.

Will there be a pleasant surprise under the Christmas tree this year or will it be a joyful New Year's resolution?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 03:37:44 pm »

Getting very close to the MC22 release on the Id.

First will be the IdPi since it already has the proper distro on it.
We are testing it now and the update will be delivered via the update menu on the IdPi.
We'll give you a heads-up here when it goes live.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 08:26:16 am »

Any news on MC22 for ID?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 09:48:30 am »

Any news on MC22 for ID?
For the IdPi it's rolling out, probably today.

For the Intel Id's there are still 2 problems to iron out, it's more complex because the OS is being upgraded as well.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 01:45:48 am »

For the IdPi it's rolling out, probably today.

For the Intel Id's there are still 2 problems to iron out, it's more complex because the OS is being upgraded as well.

Thanks for the update. Personally, I'd rather wait than be up for something half baked. Hopefully there aren't any extra bumps in the road that you can't see.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:33 am »

Thanks for the update. Personally, I'd rather wait than be up for something half baked. Hopefully there aren't any extra bumps in the road that you can't see.
Mine went pretty smoothly (on an Pi).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 09:11:12 am »

The IdPi update should be solid. You can choose to update it or not if you are happy with how it's currently running.

We won't update the NUC based Id's until the remaining issues are ironed out and that will NOT be an OTA update.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 10:37:39 am »

My update went fast and smooth. The latest version is noticeably more stable and feature rich.
I'm very impressed with it.

The few issues I was having are all fixed:
- No Artist images showing up
- No wma import or playback
- Crashing when rapidly browsing library with JRemote/Gizmo/Eos.

I spent the evening with it and had zero issues.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 05:41:54 pm »

The Intel NUC MC 22 Id update is finally working and is in testing now.
The Linux kernel version will be 4.9 and the distro is Debian Jessie.
It will be distributed as a download very similar to the repair images currently available.

We will have a release date soon.

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 10:08:58 pm »

I just got my Digi+ Pro board working under a separate installation to test it out, and it sounded great using coax to connect, way better than using USB, although it was a brief test.

Counting the days until the Id Pi is updated to the latest kernal (or anything above 4.4.19 so the Digi+ Pro board will work!)

Thanks!

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

The Intel NUC MC 22 Id update is finally working and is in testing now.
The Linux kernel version will be 4.9 and the distro is Debian Jessie.
It will be distributed as a download very similar to the repair images currently available.

We will have a release date soon.

Hi Bob, will the new firmware allow full reset of the admin codes - including new Key codes.  My Original version MC 20 has locked me out somehow since I can't generate the proper passwords to link the NUC to my imac.

Basically, if the MC22 upgrade can let me start from scratch, that would be a good solution to reset my NUC Id.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 10:56:30 am »

Hi Bob, will the new firmware allow full reset of the admin codes - including new Key codes.  My Original version MC 20 has locked me out somehow since I can't generate the proper passwords to link the NUC to my imac.

Basically, if the MC22 upgrade can let me start from scratch, that would be a good solution to reset my NUC Id.
Yes, it will allow you to reinstall without saving the settings.

I'm not quite sure from your message what the issues is with your existing Id install.
Are you saying you can't use the access key to get at it from your imac or perhaps the other way around??

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 01:01:50 pm »

Hi Bob, basically, I can't access the internal hard drive, or the passwords I had set to allow the Id interact with my network, and back to my computer.  I used by able to sync the computer and the Id, now I only have limited access.   I can run the menus, (Upgrade, shutdown, etc) but screwed the thing up by trying to reinstall a copy of MC20.  Hopefully, the new MC 22 upgrade will allow installation to wipe out the old settings and start fresh.

czrtly

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »

Hi! Will the Id NUC be able to rip cd's? I currently rip them on a win MC 22, then transfer to the NUC, it would be great if possible...

best regards,
Antonio Rivas

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »

Hi! Will the Id NUC be able to rip cd's? I currently rip them on a win MC 22, then transfer to the NUC, it would be great if possible...

best regards,
Antonio Rivas
Not yet.

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »

Yes, it will allow you to reinstall without saving the settings.

I'm not quite sure from your message what the issues is with your existing Id install.
Are you saying you can't use the access key to get at it from your imac or perhaps the other way around??

Hi Bob,

I take it MC22 for Id Intel will be out soon.  In the meantime is there a MC20 solution to do a complete reinstall that would give me a fresh install and ability to reconfigure the Id like it was a new unit.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 05:10:39 pm »

Hi Bob,

I take it MC22 for Id Intel will be out soon.  In the meantime is there a MC20 solution to do a complete reinstall that would give me a fresh install and ability to reconfigure the Id like it was a new unit.
Yes, see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.0.html

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 12:28:26 am »

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:38 am »

Yes, see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.0.html

Hi Bob, completed download and ran the USB stick with the boot option.  Program installed, but gave me a prompt of the GUI screen the THE TRIAL PERIOD HAS EXPIRED.  I sent you a PM with my serial numbers, its a 2820.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 06:02:02 am »

The text screen has a menu item for entering the license.

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 03:21:45 pm »

Hi Jim, this is what I got.  No longer have the proper license code for the Id. I was an early adopter, and the license came preloaded. Checked all the paperwork which is still in the original Intel NUC box.   PMed Baseball Bob who is going to send me the  ID Media Center license entry info for MC 20.  Will pick up MC 22 ID Intel when it rolls out. (Have Master MC 22 currently.)

Thanks  Bob

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 05:18:34 pm »

The MC22 Intel NUC based Id update is live.
Check the first forum post for more info.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 06:33:06 pm »

The MC22 Intel NUC based Id update is live.
Check the first forum post for more info.
Congratulations and thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up