INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agptek player and bluetooth  (Read 2443 times)

hedm

Agptek player and bluetooth
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:28:03 am »

Morning All

I did the search thing. So I'm going for a two for one here.
JRiver loaded on to a Mac laptop, it'll go on to my home setup eventually.
I have a flac playlist which i would like to shove over to a agptek A02 player.
Cheap and nasty, but i want to see if my elderly ears can tell the difference.

Also while I'm sitting working. I can play stuff via bluetooth through my Cyrus and b&w set up.

How on earth do I do that with a jriver playout. Again to see if there is any discernible  aural advantage.

If its any help I've a fillo E7 and a dragonfly DAC, either of these worth sticking in.

I know, mong questions, thank you all in advance, all I'm looking for is a fast and simple fix. I could run a cable but we're talking distance and moving tons of books to get at the back of the amp.
Thanks
Hedm

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Agptek player and bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:58 am »

I have a flac playlist which i would like to shove over to a agptek A02 player.

I'm not familiar with that player, but that's ok.  MC has a Handheld Sync feature which is normally the right way to copy over your playlists to portable players.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld

Give it a try and see how that works.

Also while I'm sitting working. I can play stuff via bluetooth through my Cyrus and b&w set up.

I never use bluetooth from my Mac, but I've seen it done.  You should be able to connect your Mac to a bluetooth receiver.  If your main stereo has BT built in that should work.  Mac sure the Mac can play sounds to your BT stereo first.  Then, in MC, you should see a device name that corresponds to the BT output.  Look in Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device .  You should be able to select it there.

Bluetooth uses a weirdo CODEC that's lossy.  Many people think it's "good enough".  If you have a nice system, it might not be nearly good enough.  Or it might be fine.  You be the judge.

Brian.

hedm

Re: Agptek player and bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:11:05 am »

Excellent that's the player sorted. I'll run it through the sound system in the car, see what,  if any difference there is.
I do appreciate it
Ta.
Hed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up