INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to just drag and drop to a music player?  (Read 3872 times)

123Sunshine

• Recent member
How to just drag and drop to a music player?
« on: October 12, 2016, 05:14:27 am »

I can't find a way to copy one single album to a music player without MC telling me that I need to sync 19.000 files.
What is the way to do this? (Apart from through Windows)
Thanks

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to just drag and drop to a music player?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:36:28 am »

I can't find a way to copy one single album to a music player without MC telling me that I need to sync 19.000 files.
What is the way to do this? (Apart from through Windows)
Thanks
If you want to just play a single album, drag it to the Playing Now window.
If you want to import a single album, use import a single directory from the Library Tools options.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 08:46:40 am »

Which music player?  Can you see it in drives & devices?

123Sunshine

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »

Yes I click SEND TO and I choose the music player (attached to the laptop by usb). But no copying is done. Instead in the bottom left corner I see that I have to sync 19.222 files. Which I don't want to do.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »

you need to select the files first before send to, it should only send any selected files

another way to do it (that i use) is open the drives and devices tab, select your player from the list and you can open the player window.  from here, you can open another window (i use split screen which is nice) and then just drag n drop from one window to the other

123Sunshine

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 04:27:24 am »

Of course I selected the files first. I also tried to drag and drop, without effect.

To be specific, I right click on a line/number/album in the audio list of the music on my pc, go to SEND TO, choose the location of the music player and the dialog appears "LOADING HANDHELD". That takes a lot of time. After minutes there is the window in the bottom left corner that says SYNC and the text Sync 19844  203 Gb over capacity.
I really don't know what I am missing here. Clicking on SYNC will commence the process of syncing the entire music player. That is not what I want.

When I follow your suggestion, to drag and drop from a split screen, it does not work either. I go to split view, choose the music player, so that the left pane fills with the entire list of all my music on the player, I click on audio from the sidebar in order to do a search on the number or album I want to copy from my pc to the player, and the contents of the music player in the left pane is replaced by the result of the search. So having split view had no effect. Dragging the result to the music player only led to the appearance of the text IN QUEUE before the number I wanted to copy. But there is no copying being done.

I have the Pioneer XDP-100R with two microsd slots, each with 200 gb largely filled with music.

UPDATE: Copying a music file to a location that JRiver labelled as not synced before did work. Once. The second time I tried to copy a song the result was zero as before. It appeared in the list with the text IN QUEUE, without any copying being done. It seems there is a link with syncing, though I did not do any sync operation. Dragging the queued song to the device did copy the one song. But there should be a simpler way than this.

UPDATE 2: Problem resolved. In the sync options I unchecked AUDIO. And so I only saw the contents of the device.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »

I am at a loss.  I open a window in File Explorer, find the file I want and 'click and drag' into the 'Now Playing' window in MC22.  It plays.  (Alternatively, it ask if I want to add it to the queue.)
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up