INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade issue  (Read 2804 times)

Tom D.

• Recent member
Upgrade issue
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:34 am »

I just upgraded to 22 from 21.  When 22 started it imported pictures and videos, but no music files.  I only use music files in JRiver, and now I have no library or playlists for music.  The library comes up only with pictures and videos from the computer.  Please help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade issue
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:54:03 am »

You can restore a backup from MC21.  File > Library > Restore.

Tom D.

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:25 pm »

Thanks that worked

Here's my bigger problem.  Occassionally Media Center freezes and sends what I would describe as the digital version of a record skip through my speakers.  I have a Bel Canto RefStream.    Sometimes closing Media center stops the noise.  Other times I have to turn off the RefStream to make the noise stop.  If you are listening to loud music, as I often like to do, this is a very bad thing for ears and probably speakers too.

A little background of my system that may or may not help.  I used to run Media Center on a windows laptop that I had just for the purpose of running media center.  At the time I used a Bel Canto U Link.  This summer the hard drive went on the computer and believ it or not in about a weeks time so did my NAS.  Up until this Media Center ran almost flawlessly always. 

As my Mac computer was old I decided to by a new Mac and skip the seperate laptop for  Media Center and just run it on the Mac .At this point I decided to upgrade everything.  So I bought a new Net Gear Nighthawk R8000 router,  new WDMy Cloud NAS,  the new Mac and the new Bel Canto RefStream.  I moved all the equipment closer together and connected it with  Audioquest Cinnamon ethernet cables.  I spent a lot.

So I now switched from Media center for Windows to Media center for Mac.  At first I had constant  drop outs in the music and at least every few days, I had the  digital noise issue that I am asking about now.  The drop outs fixed them selves but the noise issue, although less often, still happens  sometimes.  I can't say if it's less then  before because I now listen much less because of this.   Originally I asked Bel Canto about the issue but at the time had told them that it may have stopped.  They had no answer but said if it happened again to contact them again.  Figured I'd try here as it's always a freeze up in Media Center that seems to cause it. 

I hope you can help.  I love music and like to listen whenever I'm home.  I spent a lot to improve things and ended up worse off, as Media center and ULink worked better then Media Center/ RefStream.  If I had these issues with the old stuff I wouldn't have bought the new stuff.  Maybe Media Center 22 fixes this?

Thanks
Tom

Tom D.

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »

Unfortunately 22 didn't fix the issue noted above, because it just happened  :( 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 01:05:32 pm »

You might try increasing the buffering in Options > Audio > Device settings...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tom D.

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »

Just tried this but when I get to audio the only option says "Configure audio using Options>media network>add or configure DLNA servers"  When I go there I'm not sure what to do
Pages: [1]   Go Up