INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 22.0.22 problem (maybe)  (Read 1979 times)

joe schmoe

• Recent member
JRiver 22.0.22 problem (maybe)
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:00:05 pm »

I was going to enjoy some music files tonight with JRiver 22.0.22 my Oppo HA-2 listening on my Oppo PM-3 headphones streaming music via my Synology NAS on a MacBook Pro 17"
....I had configured my JRiver 21.XXXXX to play with DSD output...So that configuration carried over to JRiver 22....When I went to play my def files tonight, there was a ton of static on play back...After some toggling of items...I can not use the Output Encoding. If I use any of the Output Encoding settings I get static in my playback...I've tried numerous different def files with the same result.

Is this a known issue?? If so, is there a fix for it?

If not, should I (how do I) submit a bug report?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver 22.0.22 problem (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:05:25 am »

You probably don't want to use Output Encoding actually.  Output encoding re-processes your files into the format you choose.  In the case of DSD, this means that any native DSD file you play will first be converted to PCM, then back to DSD for playback.  This kinda defeats the purpose of having DSD files in the first place.

Instead, what you want to do is bitstream your DSD files.  This will make MC send your DSD files without ANY CHANGES to your DAC.  Of course bitstreaming disables the ability to use the DSP, Volume, etc.  But if you want pure DSD, bitstreaming is the only way to do.

Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > Bitstreaming > (choose DSD)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up