INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves plugin with MC 22  (Read 7956 times)

logscool

• Recent member
Waves plugin with MC 22
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »

I cannot install the WaveShell-VST 9.6 in JRiver 22. Is there any sort of fix for this? I was really hoping to be able to use the Waves NX plugin and upgraded to MC 22 to see if it had been fixed in this version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Waves plugin with MC 22
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:37:54 am »

Maybe it's 64 bit (which won't work).  Is there a 32 bit version?

logscool

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:51:39 pm »

Yes I have tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit version both give me the same error when I try to load the .vst it simply says "Failed to load plug-in".

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:04:36 pm »

What version of MC are you using?  Did you try the latest?  What OS?

logscool

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »

Yes as I said in my first post I am using JRiver MC22 and upgraded from 21 for this problem specifically only to find that it didn't help. I am running windows 10.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:40 pm »

What is the full version?  It's under Help > About.

logscool

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:25:29 pm »

Media Center 22.0.32

logscool

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:33 am »

So does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? Otherwise is there another media player which supports vst plugins and is known to work with waves?

Honestly I was quite surprised to find that waves plugins didn't work considering they are one of the big names of plugins in the pro audio circle. Obviously the plugins being used in a media player environment differ a bit from those used in a pro tools like setting during mixing and such but I still would have expected good support for waves plugins.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 11:53:54 am »

Are you sure you've got a 32 bit version?  64 bit won't work.

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »

I've been able to load the waveshell 9.6 (32bits) without problem in MC22, by bridging it through the great vst host Blue Cat Audio Patchwork.

I'm currently using Waves M360 to manage my 5.1 setup and it works flawlessly!

Haven't tried to load the waveshell directly as a vst, because Patchwork is really really useful as an effects rack and I tend to load every plugin inside it for the sake of consistency.

Patchwork is not freeware but neither expensive and worths every dollar.

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 01:22:59 am »

So does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? Otherwise is there another media player which supports vst plugins and is known to work with waves?

Honestly I was quite surprised to find that waves plugins didn't work considering they are one of the big names of plugins in the pro audio circle. Obviously the plugins being used in a media player environment differ a bit from those used in a pro tools like setting during mixing and such but I still would have expected good support for waves plugins.
You can't load Waves NX directly to JRiver. You have to use a wrapper like DDMF Metaplugin; http://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst-au-rtas-aax-wrapper/

ARYX

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:14 pm »

You can't load Waves NX directly to JRiver. You have to use a wrapper like DDMF Metaplugin; http://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst-au-rtas-aax-wrapper/

Does not work  :(

ARYX

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 01:23:01 pm »

I've been able to load the waveshell 9.6 (32bits) without problem in MC22, by bridging it through the great vst host Blue Cat Audio Patchwork.

I'm currently using Waves M360 to manage my 5.1 setup and it works flawlessly!

Haven't tried to load the waveshell directly as a vst, because Patchwork is really really useful as an effects rack and I tend to load every plugin inside it for the sake of consistency.

Patchwork is not freeware but neither expensive and worths every dollar.

How did you do this magic?

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 04:40:30 pm »

Relatively simple....
you first load Patchwork vst in JRiver.
Then load the waveshell as a vst inside patchwork.
Works flawlessly and (as a bonus) Patchwork natively supports multichannel audio, so you can use it as a effects rack for multichannel plugins (p.ex. waves x360 series).
I do, so I can certify it works.
If you haven't got multichannel plugins you can even modify the routing inside Patchwork to use several stereo (or mono) plugins instances to process any combination of channels.
This is a more complicated though and involves a little more work but it is perfectly doable.
You can even automate several parameters with midi to build a custom virtual control surface using something as "Midi Designer" for iphone/ipad

ARYX

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 09:44:04 pm »

Relatively simple....
you first load Patchwork vst in JRiver.
Then load the waveshell as a vst inside patchwork.
Works flawlessly and (as a bonus) Patchwork natively supports multichannel audio, so you can use it as a effects rack for multichannel plugins (p.ex. waves x360 series).
I do, so I can certify it works.
If you haven't got multichannel plugins you can even modify the routing inside Patchwork to use several stereo (or mono) plugins instances to process any combination of channels.
This is a more complicated though and involves a little more work but it is perfectly doable.
You can even automate several parameters with midi to build a custom virtual control surface using something as "Midi Designer" for iphone/ipad

Perfect  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up