INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 3789 times)

stiv32

• World Citizen
Feature Request
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:10:34 am »

I would be grateful if you could add the following two features:
1. Ability to Search Through Playlists (specifically at the tree pane) discarding those (the playlists) that don't fit the search query
2. Enable us to  colorfy songs (with their info) by specific tags (i.e. ballads, punk, classical). I need to be able to see the colors at Overview panel as well.

Thank you for considering

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:41:39 am »

2. Enable us to  colorfy songs (with their info) by specific tags (i.e. ballads, punk, classical). I need to be able to see the colors at Overview panel as well.

You can do this now using expressions
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#HTML_Font_Properties

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:47:30 am »

Hi 221bBS,

thank you for responding. Although the search ability among playlists (discarding those that don't much the query) I request is of functional need for me, it is comforting to know that my 2nd request has been fulfilled :). It gives me hope that I might soon be able to work again with MC. JRiver is a software that I grew to love (spending hundreds of hours setting up my song database) and it hurts not to be able to use it efficiently anymore.

So, to the point... could you please aid in order to manage adding color to songs and their info according to a prespecified tag (i.e. Genre)? I will be able to see this color at the overview pane as well, right?
I understand that I need to use a global function, but I don't know where to add it and what exactly to write...

should I go from "Manage Library Fields" and add there some code? or maybe I should use the "columns"-> "add expression column" field, but is this applied globally?

thank you again for helping me out

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »

Goto Options > Library & Folders > ...Manage Library Fields...
In the new window, click Add New Field and name it what you want.
I would do the following (just a suggestion), change Edit Type to Cannot be edited, uncheck Show a link checkbox
Click the Calculated data radio button and enter your expression in the text box below

Example below (alter as needed)
Code: [Select]
Replace(
<font color="8F8F8F">[Name] | [Artist]<//font>,
8F8F8F,
IfElse(
IsEqual([Genre],Rock,1),
B452CD,
IsEqual([Genre],Math(Hip-Hop|Rap),1),
7CCD7C,
IsEqual([Genre],Pop,1),
DDA0DD,
6495ED)
)

The new field will have the following format:

Song Title | Artist Name

If the song is Rock, the field will be purple (B452CD)
Hip-Hop or Rap will be green (7CCD7C)
Pop will be light purple (DDA0DD)
and if it doesn't match any genre, blue (6495ED)

You can find the color code at http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

If you don't know anything about expressions, you can just figure out the format (Song Title | Artist Name) you want, the color code you want your Genre (Rock, Pop, etc...) to be, and post it here. When I have time, I'll write the code and post it.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »

Thank you very much 221bBS! This works great!

The only problem is that I don't know how to bring the colored column at the "Overview" Panel.

Do you think that you could assist me at this as well?

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »

I don't think there is a way to customize that panel.

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 11:17:38 pm »

Which means that I drop back again to my first post hoppng that someone from the development team will be able to help...

I would be grateful if you could add the following two features:
1. Ability to Search Through Playlists (specifically at the tree pane) discarding those (the playlists) that don't fit the search query

Thank you for considering
Pages: [1]   Go Up