INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on DSP over UPNP  (Read 2757 times)

Freddiekaberman

• Recent member
Question on DSP over UPNP
« on: October 18, 2016, 04:17:13 am »

Hello all,

This may be a terrible noob question as I have limited (i.e. no) understanding of 32 vs 64 bit architecture....

I would like a low power silent pc to perform online convolution for room correction, with JRiver acting as a DNLA server to my Naim streamer. I am testing this on my laptop using the DSP function in MC22 for windows 10, however the Task Manager is telling me this is a 32 bit version of MC22. Now my Audiovero Acourate software gives me the impression that convolution is done at 64 bit resolution. So if using a 32 bit version of MC, am I losing anything? Would I be better off running a 64 bit Linux version? ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question on DSP over UPNP
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 04:45:12 am »

So if using a 32 bit version of MC, am I losing anything?
No.

Would I be better off running a 64 bit Linux version? ?
No.

MC is a 32 bit application, and will be for some time to come. But all internal audio processing is done in 64bits. If you take a look at the DSP Studio dialogue window, down the bottom it shows you the source Sample Rate, Bit Depth, and number of channels. It also shows to the right of that the internal Sample Rate, Bit Depth, and number of channels. The bit depth is always 64bits.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »

On linux and Mac MC 64 bit is pure 64 bit.

It is true however that that makes no difference in audio processing since it is as RoderickGI says all audio processing is done in 64 bits internally regardless of the architecture.

Freddiekaberman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 04:59:34 am »

OK many thanks, that is enough to put my audio OCD at ease!
Pages: [1]   Go Up