INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Touch Of Anarchy  (Read 1317 times)

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
A Touch Of Anarchy
« on: February 04, 2003, 05:56:15 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that this board has suffered from a little anarchy in recent weeks. It seems that every time I check out the board there is one or more "Feature Requests" posts that have been added. Often these aren't little tweaks to an existing function but either new features or complete reworkings of an existing feature. This practise has become more evident during the beta phase where people are jockeying for position and pushing agenda's to get the feature that they particularly want.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to censor anyone and good features do come out of other peoples suggestions but I do believe that there are times when the constant demands for new features and overhauls distracts from the current beta tests.

There is a wish list but it does seem to be underused and it does concern me that others who have put ideas to the wishlist may be ignored due to the clamouring on the main board. Is there not some way that use of the wishlist board can be enforced perhaps with a time limit on a wish. When the time expires JRiver tally the votes and if they decided it's wanted or viable it's moved onto a new board so that all the details can be thrashed out.

Sorry if this has been a little long winded or if it's offended anyone but it's my understanding that this is our forum and so it's up to us what we make of it.  

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A Touch Of Anarchy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 10:23:24 am »

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up