INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shiny new IRman - bummer!  (Read 2256 times)

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Shiny new IRman - bummer!
« on: July 11, 2003, 02:38:46 am »

Well I got my IRman delivered today and went to use it in MC 9.1.210 - has the same problem referred to in the topic for that version. So I downloaded the IRman plugin seperately (after deleting it from the plugin manager), and reinstalled - no go!

Tried upgrading to 9.1.211 - still no luck! (the problem with MC thinking that it has already learnt the same codes for other buttons).

So...I decided to go back to MC 9.0.180. Now I can learn the remote codes no probs...only the remote buttons assigned to the different function do NOTHING!

Well I guess at some future point, my IRman will be some use to me for MC.

Maybe I'll just scrub the plugin stuff within MC, and use Girder instead.

Any chance of this (what could be) very useful functionality ever actually working as advertised?

Cheers
Rob

nila

Re: Shiny new IRman - bummer!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 03:42:29 am »

lol.

The topic isn't really too descriptive of the problem and this is a bug in the beta version of MC so just post it in the build thread with all the other bugs and post it in each new build until it is fixed.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 04:03:44 am »

Hi LunchmeatVoom,

yes it's true. It does not work. You noticed correctly, the Plugin does not seem to unlearn. He can't really learn new codes. I posted the bug twice in the bug thread (I think with 212 and 210) - has not been fixed yet. You may repeat it there.

Also, it can support only one remote control, which is definitely a limitation!

dmets

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 06:18:19 am »

Use Girder!

You will be glad you did - that remote will do a heck of alot more than you imagine with Girder.  

Heck it is the weekend - what a better time to learn Girder....

;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 06:22:05 am »

MC should be fixed soon.

Girder is good but very complicated.  

I'd recommend MC if it does what you need.  I switched from Girder to MC with 9.1 because it's so much easier to get going. (and does everything I need)

If you need other MC remote functionality, we may be able to add it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 08:04:13 am »

I agree with Matt that the MC9 plugin would be much easier to use than Girder, if it works until the following requirements will be met.

1) It works
2) Support for more than one Remote Control
3) A Button to clear all learning and start again!
4) Added functionality to support multiple zones!

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 08:47:11 am »

I am still waiting for a plug-in for my ATi X10 Remote.
Girder is too complex! Especially if you are blonde.

AdamP

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 10:07:54 am »

While you guys are fixing the IRMAN plug-in can you add commands for 'page up' and 'page down'?  Would be most useful in hairstyle...

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 12:49:13 pm »

I agree with Matt that the MC9 plugin would be much easier to use than Girder, if it works until the following requirements will be met.

1) It works
2) Support for more than one Remote Control
3) A Button to clear all learning and start again!
4) Added functionality to support multiple zones!

Please try the next build. It works and has the clear button. We don't support multiple remotes at this time. As far as zone control, you can use the "Add" button in the remote control options dialog and choose a "Set Zone" or "Toggle Zone" command to assign to a button on your remote. Could you describe how you'd like to use multiple remotes and multiple zones?
I also added PgUp and PgDown commands for remote control. If you've already set up a remote in MC, you'll have to use the "Add" button to add these commands to the list.

Thanks!

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Robert Taylor

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 02:37:12 pm »

I will try the latest build and see how I go.

Only supporting one remote doesn't bother me, as I use a universal learning remote.

I guess I was just tired and frustrated after spending a coupla hours trying to make it work and had to vent.

Thanks for the replies!

...and a big hello from Down Under!
Cheers
Rob

Robert Taylor

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 08:21:17 pm »

I've just downloaded and installed 9.1.213 and it still doesn't work...and no "clear" button either...

another wierdness...the rc_irman.dll file reports itself to be version 2.0.15, but the version shown within MC is still 2.0.14 (it seems to get this value from a registry key)
Cheers
Rob

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2003, 05:05:02 am »

Sorry, I should have warned you that it was the build AFTER 213 that would have the fix in it. We didn't put out a build on Friday.

Robert Taylor

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2003, 02:06:45 pm »

Ah hah!

There I go jumping the gun again!

Thanks. I will snaffle the new release as soon as...

Keep up the good work dudes...
Cheers
Rob

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 10:47:56 am »

Tried to test the corrected IRMAN Plugin. It still does not work! Still get the same errors:

1) It could learn the first 5 or 6 commands, but when I wanted to set the "Next Playlist" command it said that key was already used by the "Next" command" and did not accept any more codes. Also when you click Yes or No on the error message, the error message appears at least 3 times.

2) Although the "Clear" button works, after clearing learning mode is no more available. If you click on "Learn" it slips to "Done" right away.

3) If I add a new command what do I enter under parameters: Command line options from mjextman?

So far I could not make a remote control work properly with this plugin.

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 06:57:43 am »

Tried to test the corrected IRMAN Plugin. It still does not work! Still get the same errors:

1) It could learn the first 5 or 6 commands, but when I wanted to set the "Next Playlist" command it said that key was already used by the "Next" command" and did not accept any more codes. Also when you click Yes or No on the error message, the error message appears at least 3 times.
The learned codes from the IRman show up as 12 character values in the "Status" column. You may have to expand the column to see the whole code. Could you check what the codes are for the two buttons that conflict? Do you have Girder installed also? If so, you should be able to view the codes for those buttons in Girder and verify that they're the same values.

2) Although the "Clear" button works, after clearing learning mode is no more available. If you click on "Learn" it slips to "Done" right away.
When you click the "Learn" button, the "Done" button is immediately enabled, but you should still be in learning mode. Do you see a "Learning..." string in the status column?

3) If I add a new command what do I enter under parameters: Command line options from mjextman?
For most commands, you don't need any parameter, the window is disabled anyway. I believe the only ones that take a parameter are the "Play playlist" command where you select a playlist name from a list and the "Select zone" command where you can select a zone from a list.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 02:55:16 pm »

JohnT,

well, it seems to work more or less! At least I could program most of the keys. Some questions:

1) Most Remote Controls have a separate Pause key; Why no separate Pause command?

2) Shutdown shutdowns the PC! Why no Exit MC command?

3) Do you really have a separate key on your RC for the Tab command? This is rather awkward! I would expect the whole Mega-Me screen to be controlled by the Up, Down, Right, Left key and Enter key.

4) Jumping from Media Library to Pane windows needs Tab and Back-Tab to go back! Back-Tab command is not implemented!

5) Is there a key to jump from a selection in pane window to content view? I can only go with the mouse there. Select/Enter starts playing, Tab and Right do not work there!

6) Would be nice to give some graphical hint on how you think a universal RC should be programmed for controlling MC9.

7) Please make a loop to support more than one remote control! I am still in a testing phase to find out which one suits best!

8 ) Just quickly tried Hairstyle mode! There seems to be some inconsistencies! Will do more testing tomorrow!

Thanks and
Good night!!

jleerigby

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 11:58:41 am »

MC should be fixed soon.

Girder is good but very complicated.  

I'd recommend MC if it does what you need.  I switched from Girder to MC with 9.1 because it's so much easier to get going. (and does everything I need)

If you need other MC remote functionality, we may be able to add it.

Thanks.
Matt, I've just ordered an IRMAN for use with MC.  It looks as though the commands will do everything I need apart from applying ratings.  I have a load of audio tracks with no rating and would use the remote to go through each one adding an appropriate rating.  Any chance you could add these codes or will I need to get to grips with Girder?

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 01:08:01 am »

There's one thing you can't do with Girder...

Play All

Play Selected

Add To Playing Now

Guess what...

You can't do it in MC9's Remote options either!

This is really making me angry as the 3 main play types are Sooooo important. I asked for keyboard shortcuts for them so I could put them into Girder, but that hasn't happened. I asked for them in the Remote Options but that hasn't happened either. So while you can get Zones and ratings and all that stuff working with a remote, you try actually playing your files. Your stuck with ENTER which will only do the playback type you selected in the Options!

To make matters worse Brad and Myself use this really good method of selecting Albums via a remote and Girder (Supernudelist or Album Number/Play.)

Unfortunately it uses mjextman /Play TREEPATH which does not work in 9.1. Myself and Brad have both asked for a response on this and not got one (I think its the least you could do given Brads donation of his GML to MC9.)

Sorry to rant, but since using MC9 I haven't been able to rip or play a CD without having to restart my PC after EVERY DISC. I'm now told MC9.1 will probably fix the problem, (and stop my Girder setup from being possible!)

Regards

Vic
P.S. I do love the program...really!
Pages: [1]   Go Up