INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't add recent iTunes purchases to MC playlist on iPhone  (Read 2401 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Can't add recent iTunes purchases to MC playlist on iPhone
« on: October 21, 2016, 11:35:26 am »

A year or two ago, I created a music playlist on MC and then managed (with great difficulty) to download it via iTunes to my wife's iPhone 5s (all the tracks were sourced from rips of my CD collection). She has become a bit bored with this playlist, so I made some changes in MC 21 earlier today and was able to use 'Export to iTunes & iPhone...' to download the modified playlist to both iTunes and her iPhone. So far, so good. My wife then asked me to add 3 MP3 tracks she had recently purchased via iTunes on our iPad...

I failed to find any guidance on how to import these 3 tracks from iTunes into MC, but some Google searches highlighted the fact that you could drag and drop tracks from iTunes into any Windows folder. After doing this, it was easy to import them into MC and then add them to my wife's playlist within MC. Once again, I used 'Export to iTunes & iPhone...' and my newly modified MC playlist now appeared in iTunes, but not in her iPhone.

I tried to fix the problem by using the iTunes 12 interface on my Windows 10 PC to drag and drop Recently Added files into the iPhone playlist. I did this for all 3 files and got no warnings or error messages. I even got a little red indicator telling me how many files were being added from each album. However, those 3 tracks still didn't show in the playlist. I then tried right clicking on the Recently Added files in iTunes and using the Add to Playlist menu option, but was warned that I was trying to add duplicate files. These 3 tracks therefore appeared to have a 'present but invisible' status within my iPhone playlist! 

The problem was eventually fixed by using the Add to a Playlist option on the iPhone itself. However, iTunes still doesn't display those 3 tracks in the iPhone playlist (and if I re-sync with the phone it screws up the playlist once again)!

I would be grateful for any clarification of the following issues.
  • Why does the export from MC fail to directly update the playlist on the iPhone with these 3 MP3 files?
  • Why does iTunes let me add these files to the iPhone playlist and then not display them?
  • Why does iTunes not show the full iPhone playlist after it was updated on the phone?

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up