INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding different computers  (Read 1463 times)

krelldog

• Recent member
Question regarding different computers
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:18:20 pm »

I have JRiver on my windows PC laptop currently. My question is....I'm going to buy a Mac Mini for a seperate system. Do I need to buy another license or can I use the one I already have.

Thanks

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question regarding different computers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:56:35 am »

You will need a Master licence (if you don't have one already) to run MC on a Mac as it's a different OS to Windows. Or you could buy an additional Mac licence (but that may be more expensive than a Master; I'm not sure about pricing without looking).

You can, however, use your existing Windows licence on a 'reasonable number' of Windows machines in your house,

Spike

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:41:41 pm »

Hi:

Here is a snap of the license costs found on the PURCHASE tab at the top of this window.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:13:27 pm »

I don't have a lot of time for testing these days, so I just tried it to see what happens; it brought back srts for the correct movies, albeit with only a low percentage of succes re the frame rate. Granted, I didn't check more than a dozen movies, but it wasn't really promising.

Anyway, it's not a feature I really need, but it makes me wonder: for a while now, JRiver has refused to harvest the IMDB database for metadata, claiming it's illegal per IMDB's terms (and despite the fact that others do it). And now MC offers this functionality, which, welcome as it is, has a legal base that goes way into a far deeper shade of grey. So, isn't that double standards?

...And as I bought v22 on the strength of the promise for "Improved access to metadata", I wonder when are we going to see this promise coming true.  In my wishful thinking, this promise would mean richer scraping options, but there's no sign of that yet, and the product cycle of v22 is waning fast...
Pages: [1]   Go Up