INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question about using Linux for jriver  (Read 2002 times)

alex014

• Recent member
Newbie question about using Linux for jriver
« on: October 22, 2016, 01:49:19 pm »

Hi I apologize in advance for any stupid questions. I have used jriver for windows.  However I do not like how intrusive windows is.  Also I would like to get more of an appliance like feel similar to openelec. Can this be accomplished with Linux?  Also does Linux provide a solid 10 foot interface? Thanks for any help

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Newbie question about using Linux for jriver
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 03:43:53 pm »

Hi I apologize in advance for any stupid questions. I have used jriver for windows.  However I do not like how intrusive windows is.  Also I would like to get more of an appliance like feel similar to openelec. Can this be accomplished with Linux?  Also does Linux provide a solid 10 foot interface? Thanks for any help

JRiver works on Linux and works well, but there are some features missing as compared to the windows version.  Specifically the 10-foot interface and the live TV functionality don't currently work in Linux, but they're on the roadmap for this development cycle (meaning they're on the list of planned features for MC22).  There are workarounds (like opening panel/webgizmo in a fullscreen browser and using that for control), but at the moment JRiver on Linux doesn't have a robust solution for a 10-foot interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up