INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudden Immediate Crashing of MC 22  (Read 1907 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Sudden Immediate Crashing of MC 22
« on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

Earlier this evening MC 22 has performed fine as it has since install.  But suddenly upon opening it has crashed within seconds of opening repetitively.  I have closed MC 22 and restarted my MacBook but the same thing occurs.  Any suggestions?  How do I create a report log?

I also just tried a reinstall of MC22 but the same crash occurred immediately.  I should mention that the original crash occurred while I was running Auto Import.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

churchmouse

• Recent member
Re: Sudden Immediate Crashing of MC 22
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:03 am »

For logging - go to the help section in the taskbar, select "logging" and enable logging.

Sounds like MC does not like one or more of your files and from an examination of the log file you should be able to see which file it was processing when it fell over.

I have found MC seems to have problems with files which Audirvana, i-Tunes, or HQPlayer have absolutely no issue with.  I am not sure why.  Also, it can suddenly crash on a file which it previously did not crash on.

I now have auto-import and audio analyse switched off to keep my MC  stable.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sudden Immediate Crashing of MC 22
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:24:29 pm »

I think this was a file problem. I ripped four albums yesterday and had problems with one. I couldn't get it to rip with dBPoweramp. It got hung up in detecting the pre-gap in XLD but ripped using iTunes. There was a little blip when I ran Auto Import and the crashes began.  I removed the file in question from my library then did a transcode using XLD and then Auto Import again. Seems that was the issue and the crash hasn't occurred this evening.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up