INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing Audio Again  (Read 2351 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Analyzing Audio Again
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:35:59 pm »

I just installed MC22 after formatting hard drives.  My entire audio library in stored on my NAS and is intact.  I lost all library info and had to create new import rules to once again analyze all audio.  It looks like I forgot to turn off an option to not write information to tags.  However, I set my audio library share to read only to prevent MC22 from changing my tag info.  Good thing I did this, because fixing it takes a very long time.

Anyway, it looks like MC22 has files so far that it analyzed queued to attempt to update their tags.  I think I turned off the write to tag option when I noticed this, but still it shows:

Saving tag changes (167 remaining)

It will never write to any tags.  Is the analysis information now lost for these 167 files?  Should I perhaps stop the analysis, restart the program, then start it over?

Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Analyzing Audio Again
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »

I just installed MC22 after formatting hard drives.  My entire audio library in stored on my NAS and is intact.  I lost all library info and had to create new import rules to once again analyze all audio. 

Is the drive that JRiver was on dead and gone?  JRiver makes automatic library (metadata) backups every few days.  If you had one of those backups, you wouldn't have to analyze audio at all; assuming it had already been done on the original library.

Brian.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:46:37 pm »

I did zip up all contents of My Documents, and I do see some backups.  However, I did not see the latest library data.  I could have missed it.  I was unsure how to restore these ZIP files to avoid not needing to analyze again.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:55:27 pm »

I have the following file:

MC Library Backup (Main Library - September).zip

This is just last month, so this will be good.  Let me search around to figure out where the active library files are stored.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 01:56:15 pm »

The Library Backup ZIP files will have everything in them.  As long as you have one that's fairly recent, you should be good to go.  To restore the library from the backup file:

File > Library > Restore Library > (choose backup ZIP file here)

Brian.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

Thanks, and I did find this location.  I copied all files in, attempted an import again just to be sure (no files found to import), attempted analysis again on all files too (no files found here either).

Thanks for the tip!
Pages: [1]   Go Up