INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track Change Setting for DLNA Server  (Read 3311 times)

auricgoldfinger

• Recent member
Track Change Setting for DLNA Server
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:35:14 pm »

I would like to configure my Media Center DLNA server to have a 5 second gap between songs.  JRiver forces me to go to Options > Media Network > Add or Configure DLNA Servers to adjust settings.  However, there is no Track Change setting on that menu tree as far as I can tell.

How can I get JRiver to provide a gap between non-sequential album tracks?  Please keep in mind that I am not using the Player (where the option to set Track Change is obvious) but rather the DLNA Server feature of Media Center.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Track Change Setting for DLNA Server
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »

Since the DLNA protocol is file based, the renderer is in control of the gap, the server just serves files.

You likely will be able to do what you want when we finish adding the DLNA controller option "Play as a stream" which is a work in progress for MC22. In that case the renderer will look like a soundcard instead of a file based device (if stream playback is within it's capabilities).

auricgoldfinger

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:04:33 pm »

Thank you

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »

If you right click on the renderer in MC's Playing Now tree, you will see a menu check called "Enable SetNext Support". If this is enabled then MC will try to stack up tracks to be played sequentially (gaplessly) on your renderer, whereas if this is disabled then MC has to wait until the renderer has reported that the first track has stopped before starting to play the following track. In other words "Disable SetNext Support" will certainly result in a perceptible gap. However the exact length of the gap depends really on how fast the renderer is in reporting that the prior track has finished.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

auricgoldfinger

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »

@AndrewFG Thank you very much for the suggestion!  It solved my problem.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 10:44:19 am »

Interesting Andrew, I wouldn't have thought of turning off SetNext support to deliberately introduce a gap.
It makes me wonder what the source material is and how it's intended to be played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up