INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: save JRiver media files to mac  (Read 2720 times)

iansmusic

save JRiver media files to mac
« on: November 01, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can save your jriver media music to music file on mac so I can copy it to my NAS drive (storage) so that I can access my music directly from the NAS to my player...

Any help would be appreciated
ian

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: save JRiver media files to mac
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:22 am »

I'm afraid the question you ask is not fully clear. Could you ask the same question in other words again?  :)

iansmusic

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 02:53:41 pm »

Hi there,
I will try..here goes. I have converted my cd's to flac files using Dbpoweramp software on my Mac, these are stored in my MUSIC folder on my mac, I then uploaded all my MUSIC folder library into JRiver media centre so I could organise my music/make playlists etc I have got a Cambridge CXN player which will run off media centre if the computer is switched on but what I am trying to do is somehow sync or copy my music (including playlists) back into my music file so I can copy the file to my (storage) NAS drive & run the CXN from the NAS drive anytime without having the computer switched on. The CXN picks up my music from the original MUSIC folder on my NAS drive (before using JRiver) but I wanted to somehow put my music back on the NAS after being modified in JRiver media centre (e.g. playlists added).
Hope this is clearer I am new to this game & already considering getting my old cd player back out lol

cheers

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 02:22:56 am »

Hi ian,

Question clear now. Part of the organising you did will be stored within the flac files. So copying them to a NAS will also transfer these changes you made. For example the tags genre and grouping. But lots of other stuff, like playlists and additional views you make in mc exist only in mc. So moving flac files to the nas will not transfer these organising features. Without mc running you will be able to access the nas, but not the playlists. You either keep mc running or use an extra server program on your nas in which you remake the playlists.

Hope this will answer your question.

Greetings.

iansmusic

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 01:52:05 pm »

Thankyou,
that answers my question, I probably have no real need to buy the JRiver software now I guess.

cheers

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:23:28 pm »

On the contrary. Keep using jriver as your music server software. The possibilities are virtual endless. As a very satisfied user i wouldn,t give any other advice.

Regards, robert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up