INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX - WIN - LINUX  (Read 1461 times)

soundslikehollis

• Recent member
OSX - WIN - LINUX
« on: November 04, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »

Ok, this should be fun.

Due to work. I use Windows 10, OSX El Capitan, and Linux interchangeably. I love to listen to music at work, I use media center and iTunes, I love Media Center, I love EQ.

However, iTunes is my source of truth, I've meticulously updated genre, playlists and album art for all my music, that then syncs via USB and icloud to my mobile devices (OSX iTunes included). Mobile devices must have icloud disabled, synced with usb to transfer ALAC files, then icloud re-enabled for any extra AAC music wanted while on the go. OSX mostly is all iCloud which is fine. I have four things I want to do, that I dont know how to do:

1) On Win10 have mediacenter grab as much library info (files, genres, playlists) from iTunes as possible. Currenly it is grabbing all files from the iTunes directory... which does seem to have accurate genres, thats good enough for now.

2) On Win10 export an eq profile from Room Eq Wizard and copy paste it into the parametric equalizer. There are 12-15 filters per channel, and I really dont want to update them one by one. I rebuild my eq profile whenever I move furniture, about 4 times per year.

3) On Ubuntu 14.04 (same machine as Win10), read the parametric eq file from the Win10 drive and use that.

4) On Ubuntu 14.04 read the playlists file from Win10 and use that.

All machines have dropbox as well. So I could easly move a library dependency to that and point all the machines at dropbox (this works great for Calibre ebook management)

Failing this, I'd be open to ways to migrate all my iTunes library info into Media Center and leave iTunes as a second class citizen for music.

-hollis
Pages: [1]   Go Up