INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles Not Working All of the Sudden - Showing All Subtitles  (Read 2954 times)

Justavian

• Recent member
Subtitles Not Working All of the Sudden - Showing All Subtitles
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »

I don't know what has happened, but all of the sudden my MC is not displaying subtitles correctly.  Maybe this happened when i upgraded from 21 to 22?

It used to be that when i would start a movie, the correct subtitle would be automatically selected (the same name + .srt).  But now, despite the fact that the settings still say to auto display the subtitle, it fails to do so.  Worse, it now shows every single possible subtitle in the list when you hit up on the remote in Theater View - which means it's almost impossible to select a subtitle.  Anyone seen this before?

The image i'm attaching isn't theater view, obviously, but you can see the problem.  It used to be that it would only show subtitles in this list that match the title.

I searched the forum here for something similar and didn't find it, and i didn't see anything in the settings that might help me track this problem down...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Subtitles Not Working All of the Sudden - Showing All Subtitles
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:18:42 pm »

That could be related to the new View Extras functionality. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106819.0.html

I don't have enough subtitles on my HTPC to confirm what you are seeing.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Justavian

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 09:24:49 am »

I don't know what's causing it, but it's driving me crazy.  I'm also finding that my load times for movies are totally unacceptable now.

I've used JRiver Media Center since version 10 or maybe earlier.  I've religiously bought every release.  When i use it stand alone on my main PC, it seems to work well.  I have no complaints.  But i just cannot get it to work well as a client server.  The client's library wouldn't synch right, it crashes, it stops putting out audio, it's slow to load movies, subtitles aren't working right, etc.  Those things don't all happen all the time - but even once or twice a week is enough that people like my parents or my wife lose confidence and don't want to use the system anymore.

I've been a software developer for 20 years, and i know it can be frustrating for a developer to hear about little problems that can't be easily reproduced.  But this system just does not ever work well enough for me that i can let my wife use it herself.  Guests who stay with me can't figure out why movies i tell them are available are not showing up.  Something will cause MC to shut down, and then i have to drag out a keyboard to work with the computer.

My house is wired, so the network is capable.  My machines are all plenty fast to be dealing with the media, and i still have sporadic problems.

I think i might have to start considering using PLEX or something else for my other machines.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:32:00 am »

I've seen a drop in Client performance too - but I think it is caused by Win10 (mine seem to coincide to the flood of Windows' security updates).
Have you set up your anti-virus software settings to "exclude" your media storage drives/location and JRiver program from being scanned by anti-virus?

Justavian

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 09:45:06 am »

I just tried that - i excluded the relevant processes, the drives themselves with the media, and just to be sure i added a bunch of extensions to ignore (mkv, m4v, mp4, avi, etc).  I then try to load any movie, and it's taking 20-30 seconds on the client.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 05:35:12 pm »

Check for any conversion on your Client Media Network settings?

Movies still load on my Client in about 4 seconds. I am running MC22.0.33 on the Server, MC22.0.38 on the Client. But I don't think there have been any Media Network changes recently. Some reshuffling of code in general, and the View Extras adding load to the Client synchronisation might be the issue, or it is something else that has happened in your environment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up