INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripped DVD playback fails  (Read 2538 times)

jvandeven

• Recent member
ripped DVD playback fails
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:32:05 am »

I run JRiver MediaCenter on an Intel NUC i5, connected to a synology NAS and two WD 2TB MyPassports.  I have a bunch of DVDs ripped into VIDEO_TS format stored on the WD MyPassports. JRiver is able to play back some of these ripped DVDs, but fails on most.  In contrast, VLC plays all of the ripped DVDs without any issue.  I have been struggling with this problem for a long time now, and have hoped that it would be resolved by repeated updates, without joy.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ripped DVD playback fails
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:51:00 am »

Post a log after a failure. Help > Logging.
To keep log small, first "reset" (clear) the Log, then try playing a DVD and capture a log just after it fails.

jvandeven

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:53:37 am »

Find a log of the fail attached.  Any thoughts gratefully appreciated...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 06:59:28 am »

I'm sure someone will be able to help. I looked at the log and it looks like it shows a few failure points - but I don't know enough about MC to troubleshoot this. Someone from MC should see this soon.

Did you try playing your movie in RO-STD and RO+HQ?
You said this movie plays fine in another program - is that on the same computer? 

BTW - I see that your running MC21. This is the MC22 thread, but no worries your problem will get seen.
Good Luck.

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:17 am »

I had similar problems ripping DVDs with MC. A friend suggested I try makeMKV. It's easy to use and works very well.

jvandeven

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:38:18 am »

The same file runs fine using (the free) VLC player, on the same computer.  I have noticed this problem since MC19, and tried a  trial grade to MC22 but the same problem persists - which is why I added the post to this forum (and discontinued the trial). Like you, I couldn't really work out what was going on from the log...

jvandeven

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:30:09 am »

For anyone else encountering this issue, I have ended up converting all of my ripped DVD files to MKV (HD) format, which play fine on JRiver - I used the Aimeirsoft Video Converter Ultimate, which worked very well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up