INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report After Ripping Is Currently Missing.  (Read 2990 times)

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Report After Ripping Is Currently Missing.
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:35:16 pm »

In MC21 (and earlier) I had a report generated after a CD music Rip. The report was shone in 'Action Window' if I clicked the 'close' button.

The report was for: reporting on any issue with any tracks during the ripping process. I deal with a ton of use music CD's and this report is invaluable in finding errors and other problems before they are added to my music database or being reported to the seller.

Thanks for helping me get this turned back on.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Report After Ripping Is Currently Missing.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:06 am »

Check to be sure that you have secure ripping selected.

Tools menu / Options / CD, DVD & BD / Copy mode.

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:46:12 am »

Thank you. The setting was set to 'normal' and switching to secure did produce the report I was missing. Thanks again

Maybe one more thing?...After ripping the above files, they stay in the main working windows, where they continue to build, CD rip after the other. This wasn't happening with MC19/MC21 and I see no reason not to refresh or renew the window of old rips to be able to see just the ones I just finished. Again I'm not able to find a switch or button to stop it from holding the titles from days ago.

Thanks you much.

(I'll repost for new question if needed of course)

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:48:43 pm »

Maybe one more thing?...After ripping the above files, they stay in the main working windows, where they continue to build, CD rip after the other. This wasn't happening with MC19/MC21 and I see no reason not to refresh or renew the window of old rips to be able to see just the ones I just finished. Again I'm not able to find a switch or button to stop it from holding the titles from days ago.

Your new question is a bit vague.  I'll answer in two ways.

1. You can control where JRiver stores the ripped files on your computer.  Look at

Tools/Options/File Location.  The first three settings under "Audio CD ..." control the base folder in which ripped files are stored, a rule for naming the folder in which the ripped files from each CD will be stored and a rule for naming each file.  Note that the rules use the tag information that JRiver looks up in its online database.   

See the attached screenshot.

I'll continue in the next post.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 01:00:34 pm »

Your question may have referred to what you see on the screen after JRiver rips a CD.  You are probably looking at the "Recently ripped" playlist that JRiver can switch to when it finishes ripping a CD.

You can control what JRiver does after ripping a CD.

Tools/Options/CD, DVD & BD

Under "Rip complete options", you may have "Show recently ripped playlist after ripping checked".  If you uncheck this option, JRiver will not jump to show this playlist after each CD is ripped.

There is a skill you need to acquire: when JRiver does something you don't expect, you need to look at the menu items and in particular the Tools/Options dialog.

At a more basic level, I think that you may not understand how to use the view and playlists available in JRiver MC.  I have to go off to a meeting but if you are interested, post another message and I'll try to get you started when I return.
Pages: [1]   Go Up