INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging a track in multiple genres  (Read 3944 times)

hophead

• Recent member
Tagging a track in multiple genres
« on: November 11, 2016, 08:36:36 am »

I would like to tag a lot of my music in multiple genres i.e. rock, jam bands, whatever.  I tried separating each genre with a comma, but that just creates a new genre with the 2 or 3 genres.  So, as an example, in case I wasn't clear:  Lets say I want to tag a Grateful Dead track in rock, grateful dead, bluegrass, how do I do that so the same track shows up in each genre, as opposed to creating a new genre (rock, grateful dead, bluegrass)?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging a track in multiple genres
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 08:48:00 am »

I tried separating each genre with a comma, but that just creates a new genre with the 2 or 3 genres.

Use a semi-colon ; as the delimiter ..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

hophead

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:10 am »

I knew it had to be something simple.  Thank you.

RapidRob

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 02:32:39 pm »

I have been trying to do the same with albums with multiple artists - ex: Pancho and Lefty, where I listed the artists as Merle Haggard; Willie Nelson

In the Artists list the album showed up under the heading Merle Haggard; Willie Nelson, but the album does not show up under the individual artists.

What am I doing wrong?

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »

I have been trying to do the same with albums with multiple artists - ex: Pancho and Lefty, where I listed the artists as Merle Haggard; Willie Nelson

In the Artists list the album showed up under the heading Merle Haggard; Willie Nelson, but the album does not show up under the individual artists.

What am I doing wrong?

The Artist field isn't a list field by default. You'll need to create an expressions field (i.e. Artists) and add the following
Code: [Select]
[Artist]&datatype=[list]
Use the new field in place of the Artist field to display it as a list, but continue entering data in the Artist field

RapidRob

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 04:07:39 pm »

221bBs, thank you! I'll admit to being lazy and not properly researching this. Your suggestion is exactly what I have been after.  Thanks again.

The Artist field isn't a list field by default. You'll need to create an expressions field (i.e. Artists) and add the following
Code: [Select]
[Artist]&datatype=[list]
Use the new field in place of the Artist field to display it as a list, but continue entering data in the Artist field
Pages: [1]   Go Up